Job ID R05309
Location: UAE, Dubai
Start date: July 16th 2018
The VMware Academy (VA) is an extensive training program that prepares graduates for a career in the Professional Services Organisation. VMware invests for the future in VMware’s PSO Organization through the VMware Academy. The academy involves soft skills, consulting, technical and product training for all participants. We're looking for people who have a passion for technology, have strong business ethics and great communication skills. Following training, successful participants will be moved into a Project Coordinator role: the next step in their VMware Journey. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
The PSO Project Coordinator is responsible for the delivery coordination of project with low to medium complexity. She or He will also support and enhance, where appropriate, the operations of Professional Services project delivery teams in the daily execution of coordinating, processing, tracking and delivering VMware Professional Services projects.
We are investing for the future in VMware’s Technical Services Organisation in EMEA. Successful candidates will initially start a structured program of trainings in Cork, Ireland for 10-12 weeks.
Our objective is to build a team of exceptional graduates to expand and enhance the team across a number of job functions including:
- Upon customer signoff of the Statement of Work, the Project Coordinator will adhere to the VMware Delivery Excellence (DE) methodology and deliver the low to medium projects to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinate activities and resources for the assigned projects and engagements.
- Including work order creation when services are subcontracted, raising PO, accepting invoices and ensuring customer sign off.
- Maintain clear and concise Project schedule/activities/progress/time recording reports in accordance with VMware’s standards and submits to customers
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Assess project risks and issues and keep track of Risk register and Communication plans.
- Plan and facilitate meetings where appropriate.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Facilitate collection of customer survey to measure customer satisfaction at the close of the assigned projects.
- Participate in planning calls/meetings as requested
- Manage updates to project tracking tool in association to billing schedule and forecasted hours.
- Analyze and action gaps in the reporting on billed vs unbilled revenue on assigned projects.
- Build and be responsible for the VMware Project Change process as needed.
- Ensure the goals and scope of a project to ensure VMware’s dedications to the customer are achieved.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the happiness of the customer and account team.
What you can learn:
- How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and elite service
- How to be a productive team member on both an in-person and virtual basis in a dispersed team
- How to lead through influence
Graduate Team Requirements:
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of PMO processes to ensure that the correct processes are followed
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Loves working with others and solving problems
- You do all things with high integrity
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant area of study
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature and other relevant factors.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.