Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by coordinating the store design program within a store design studio. Coordinates the design process to create high quality store designs and construction documents that upholds the Starbucks Customer Experience while meeting cost, schedule, and operational requirements.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Executes Design strategy in design of Starbucks stores relevant to their assigned region.
- Prioritizes and communicates project schedules and objectives to a team of store designers and crossfunctional teams.
- Plays a key role in establishing effective and efficient program management principles including continuous improvement, cost reduction, quality standards, and cross-functional partnerships.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to design team and meets all established deadlines.
- Creates alignment with cross-fuctional teams for market planning efforts inclusive of preliminary project scope discussion, portfolio reviews, store site visits and weekly project meetings.
- Leads the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents.
- Coordinates the architectural design program for store design in coordination with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Monitors creation of construction and design documents by store designer team and external consultants to ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget and quality expectations.
- Negotiates fees, schedules and scope with external consultants for all projects within their assigned region.
- Onboards/trains external consultants.
- Mentors and supports the training of design team members.
Summary of Experience
- Project and/or program management in a retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents (7-10 years)
- Project management experience (3 years)
- Bachelors degree required in architecture, interior design or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles including experience with Revit, Autocad and sketchup
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications
- Demonstrated process improvement
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to communicate well with multidisciplinary cross functional internal as well as external teams
- Ability to manage a high volume of work within compressed timeframes
- Ability to problem solve and create strategies
- Presentation skills necessary
- Negotiation skills necessary
- Ability to balance business needs and project constraints with high standards in design quality
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.