Job Description / Role Profile
Wall to Wall Media
Financial Controller, Wall to Wall
About the Company
Wall to Wall has been supplying innovative, hugely popular, award-winning programming around the world since 1987.
Our output spans drama, factual and entertainment and has been recognised with BAFTA, Emmy, Grierson and RTS awards as well as an Academy Award. Our customers include the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, and Netflix, National Geographic, PBS, Discovery, HBO and many others.
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Production Accountant is the link between the finance and production ensuring proper financial and approval processes are in place. The Production Accountant works closely with the Head of Production, Production Executives and Production Mangers to ensure financial reporting of production costs is timely and accurate. The Production Accountant provides support, back-up and training for the production team as required on a day to day basis on multiple productions. The individual will be the principle liaison between the Finance team and Production teams.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Production Support & Reporting
- Accurate cost reporting of productions
- Identifying and resolving any discrepancies on the cost reports with production manager.
- Responsible for setting up new productions on Just Produce (JP), ensuring the correct access privileges are given in line with peoples roles
- Assisting in training new Production staff in using Just Produce/Navision
- Monthly meetings with HoP, Production Execs, Financial Controller and Senior Management Accountant to monitor finance related issues within Production
- Fortnightly Production update meetings with PM’s
- Organising finance start-up meetings with Production Management team when new shows are commissioned
- Monitor reconciliation and posting of monthly Post Production invoices
- Trouble-shooting issues for production teams on JP
- Ensuring productions are closed properly
- Reporting of monthly deliveries for revenue recognition
- Tracking and reviewing monthly recoveries
- Fortnightly Variance reporting
- Checking and authorising weekly Supplier payment runs via our Barclays online banking system .Net
- Checking and authorising the monthly Freelance payment runs and ensuring that invoices adhere to HMRC guidelines.
- Checking and authorising via .Net the PAYE/Schedule E production payroll on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the Transactional Services team at head office regarding any financial issues arising.
General Accounting & Systems:
- Working with the management accountant to resolve any issues between JP & SAP
- Liaise with the systems team to ensure any new JP updates take account of Production needs. Ensure that updates are tested, fully communicated and training provided for the production teams.
- Be a JP “Super-user,” involving dealing with ad hoc queries and general systems admin
- Monthly review of Revenue invoices raised to Broadcasters
Petty Cash, Credit Cards and Expenses
- Ensure credit card reconciliations & expenses processed
- Overseeing petty cash and issuance of petty cash floats / returns
- Control and reconcile all production petty cash to production from Navision to SAP
- Assist in year-end audit and ensuring effective month end closures
- Responsible for calculating & filing the FEU quarterly return
- Responsible for Foreign bank transfers to creditors
- Ad hoc tasks
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Qualified, Part-qualified or by experience Production Accountant.
- Proven experience as a Production Accountant or experienced Assistant Production Accountant with a strong track record in TV Production
- Experience of having worked as part of a wider finance team
- Proven cost management experience with strong budgeting, forecasting and analysis experience.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be required to build and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of non-finance stakeholders.
- High level of attention to detail
- Be a team player and adopt a collaborative approach
- Be able to adhere to strict deadlines