Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Read more about our graduates by clicking below
Our Innovative Sustainable Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East and in India.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Environmental Scientist to be based within our team in Cardiff. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Working with members of the EIA and Planning teams across the UK to help deliver the environmental input for a range of infrastructure projects; these can include site based studies as well as desk based assessment.
- Writing and checking reports.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Helping project managers with financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- A relevant degree.
- An excellent understanding of environmental impacts associated with infrastructure developments.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong team working capabilities as well as the confidence to take responsibility for smaller tasks allocated to you on a more individual basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a sound knowledge of standard IT programmes; the ability to produce well-presented reports is essential.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
- A Masters degree in a relevant discipline;
- Awareness of the planning system.
- Previous related work experience with an environmental consultancy, an environmental regulator, or relevant industry sector company; and
- Graduate membership of IEMA or other relevant professional body.
- Experience of environmental consultancy or arboricultural contracting.
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them to a consulting setting.
- Experience of professional report writing and ability to analyse and present data.
- Experience of arboricultural data capture software.
- Willingness to contribute as a graduate to the wider ISS service provision.
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03rd 2017
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Cardiff
Sep 22, 2017, 3:58:06 PM