Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters has recently announced the expansion of its Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new technology center will be the preeminent hub of innovation.
Software Engineer - Editorial Analytics Platform, News Technology:
We are building a team to design and deliver an analytics & machine learning platform to transform Reuters editorial news production. The system will create opportunities to find investable insights through signal detection, analytics, noise reduction and news automation, and, will support Reuters’ journalist throughout the News production lifecycle – from discovery of news worthy events to researching the story to publication, and all that at the speed of light in an increasingly competitive landscape. We are seeking an experienced engineer to help architect and deliver this groundbreaking platform. Are you passionate about analytics? Do you want to learn what drives financial news, and learn about the depth and breadth of Thomson Reuters' content? Come join us!
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will work on projects with significant risk and complexity
- You are an excellent teammate, focusing on results, collaboration and winning as a team
- You are a quick learner. You are able to put in practice what you already know, and you self-learn
- You are an "agile" person. You desire a fast-paced dynamic environment
- You have a strong sense of ownership of the solutions that your team delivers
Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- 4+ yrs in Software Development
- Proficient skills in objected oriented programming and languages (Java, C#, C++)
- Experience with some of the following:
- Experience with cloud computing and technologies in AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem – HDFS/Hive/HBase/Scala/Spark/Kafka
- Hands on DevOps experience – continuous integration, automated deployment, release mgmt. Git, Jenkins, Docker, Maven
- Experience with Agile development and delivery – Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and passion to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with service-oriented and/or microservices architecture
- C#, SQL Server, MySQL, Python
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Technology Development Family Group
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CAN-Toronto-120 Bremner Blvd
Technology & Ops - Platform