Relocation assistance may be available
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Sr. Biometrics Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Lorton, VA. Transforming the future of technology, the qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's National Security Solutions Operating Unit. This position will support the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop detailed system architecture and system design documentation for biometrics systems.
• Analyze user requirements, concepts of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications and detailed design artifacts.
• Provide the vision of the ultimate goals and mission needs for the customer as well communicate this vision to the team.
• Serve as the technical liaison with the technical, leadership, and customer teams to mature understanding of biometrics opportunities and solutions.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
US Citizenship is required.
• A minimum of 14 years' professional experience with a Bachelor's in Science; 12 years with Master's; 9 years with PhD, and significant experience in software / systems engineering.
• 5+ years working in the field of Biometrics.
• Demonstrated ability to apply statistics, mathematics, and engineering basic skills to biometrics related problems.
• Experience with biometric sensors including fingerprint scanners and face detection toolsets.
• Experience with Agile Development.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Bachelors in Biometric Systems
• Masters in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Experience developing statistical models of biometric systems
• Experience designing and delivering facial biometric capture systems
• Experience assessing applicability of biometric modalities such as gait, iris at a distance, touchless fingerprint, or live video face capture
• Current, active Top Secret clearance
• Big Data Management and Analytics, e.g., Pivotal, HADOOP, Greenplum, Isilon
• Infrastructure: e.g., OpenStack, RedHat, VMware, Cloud ((X)aaS)
• Operating Systems : Linux, HPUX, Windows
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.