What You'll Do
Thailand & Indochina Volume Portfolio Account Manager role is a key role in the Volume Business Program Team. The Volume business is a channel-led programmatic and promotion-driven business targeting midmarket and SMB customers in the region with low Cisco sales touch. The goal is to grow the ‘run-rate’ business and the Commercial GEO sub-segment as a result of these efforts.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to define and drive the sales growth of the multi-architecture volume product and solution portfolio in Thailand & Indochina market. Volume Portfolio BDM will work with the volume team to package relevant offers for Thailand & Indochina market, position the right product portfolio against our competition, work with the business entities/units to localize the product portfolio, drive demand generation efforts in whitespace areas, provide competitive insights and recommend Cisco’s response to competitor actions. The success of the role will be measured against the promotion-driven business from the volume portfolio and how the volume business contributes to the overall growth of the Commercial GTEO business.
This role will be expected to develop relationships with selected commercial segment customers, work with the channels organization especially with 2T partners as well as Distribution, BU teams and local sales leadership. This person will be responsible for primarily managing the volume product portfolio across all architectures, long-term pipeline and business development, and will also be responsible for monitoring or collating information on market share trends, competitive threats and define Cisco’s unique value proposition. The Volume Portfolio BDM would collaborate across the Cisco cross-functional teams including the Volume Specialists, Distribution PAMs/ PAMs, Theater and Regional Marketing, Commercial sales, Architecture Sales, and other APJ Commercial functions to drive the volume portfolio growth in the market.
Thailand & Indochina Volume Portfolio BDM is responsible for defining and driving the volume portfolio growth through the following:
• Define and develop Thailand & Indochina relevant volume product and solutions portfolio
• Develop a deep understanding of Midmarket and SMB customer and partner requirements, market opportunities, and competitive conditions
• Drive revenue growth through packaging offers and up-sell and cross sell our portfolio such as security first, wireless everywhere, branch in a box 2.0, ISR4K with Open DNS, and Meraki cloud offering managed service, etc.
• Protect and accelerate Cisco install base refresh, especially on the switching through value selling, solution selling such as management simplicity, network threat defense, etc.
• Drive sales promotions and demand generation in whitespace areas through distribution and 2T resellers such as volume play on SMB products, go-local project, etc.
• Develop an in-depth technical understanding of the products and solutions in the volume portfolio across the various Cisco architectures
• Provide input into the market and technical requirements to the WW Business Entities/Units on the needs of Thailand & Indochina market across the volume portfolio
• Engage with customers, distributors and resellers on the volume portfolio as required
• Provide subject matter expertise in the volume portfolio and sales programs and deliver presentations in roadshows, seminars, events and trainings as required
• Partner with the Volume Specialist(s) in the theater and the Volume Program team to drive the volume business
• Collaborate with Architecture Sales teams, Distribution sales teams, Commercial Sales Teams and Partner Organization teams and Marketing to ensure a One Cisco approach
• Gather market intelligence on Cisco’s volume portfolio against the competition and understand key drivers of success to compete with them in the market
• Support regular business reviews with the distributors/resellers and theater sales and partner teams and other key functional groups to ensure GTM execution
• Be the escalation point on the volume portfolio requirements
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is a unique innovator, accelerator and connector. We connect our employees to our partners and our customers, to ensure that the speed, agility and security of Cisco solutions have a multiplying effect worldwide. In the Asia Pacific and Japan region, the Commercial and Marketing teams build our brand, advance key Cisco growth areas such as Security & Software and implement our technologies together with our partners.
Every day, we feel inspired by our Commercial customers. They continually surprise us with their forward thinking and incredible drive to grow their business in a changing digital world. Our customers and partners make Commercial in APJ Cisco’s growth engine. I am proud to contribute to this success, so we continue to connect everything, innovate everywhere, to benefit everyone.
We are on a journey to further harmonize our Commercial sales power with the most advanced digital marketing techniques available. I believe our edge comes from the combined team: to find the audience, meet every technology challenge and make the sale.
Who You Are
You ideally have 8+ years experience in the IT industry, preferably in systems engineering, product management, channel sales, or pre-sales with demonstrable success at achieving high growth in a technology area. A proven strategic & creative thinker – able to offer new, innovative strategies to achieve significant growth in a technology area, and to take technologies from Pre- to Post-chasm.
The minimum requirements for the role are as follows:
• Familiarity with Cisco’s full products, architectures and services offerings in the Commercial midmarket and SMB space
• Experience with the midmarket and SMB space especially in a fast moving, promotion-driven sales environment also an added plus
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across various organizations to drive outcomes
• Proven ability to influence and lead in a highly matrixed model
• Excellent written, verbal communication, listening and presentation skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and strategies to people at all levels of the organization.
• Strong background and understanding of product, service, and channels sales at Cisco or comparable experience from another company
• Track record of successful performance as a “change agent” within Cisco or other companies
• Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university/college
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.