The Engineering Technician will be based in Milpitas, CA. Supports RMA Process Engineering activities and provides technical support in the development, implementation and maintenance of test and repair methods for customer returned electro-mechanical products.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Provide first line technical support for all RMA repair activities from RMA returns, test, customer fault verification, failure analysis, assist with debug and troubleshooting to board and/or component level, develop repair debug trees, and provide training to Operations test and debug/rework on known fixes
- Maintains Assembly documentation (Process Automation), SFDM setups, and Assembly equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing manufacturing process improvements to improve productivity, workmanship and overall quality of the product
- Support of implementing manufacturing procedures per customer specifications ECN-Engineering Change Notices
- Develop, organize and update manufacturing work areas, material flow, documentation and system setups for new products and features.
- Trains Technicians and Operators on new products, processes and equipment.
- Analyzes Quality and Jidoka data and implements changes to resolve assembly problems.
- Actively support Lean Kaizen and SGA initiatives as a Team member representing Manufacturing Engineering
- Actively support Zero defect initiatives as a Team member representing Manufacturing Engineering
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Ability to troubleshoot down to component level
- Ability to read schematics and procedures
- Ability to use DVM, oscilloscope, and customer provided test equipment and fixtures/tooling
- Ability to use soldering iron, torque drivers
- Ability to perform assembly/disassembly of electro-mechanical units for testing/debugging/troubleshooting
- Ability to use a computer, set up printers, barcode scanners, use Microsoft Office to develop and modify Work Instructions/Procedures
- Ability to learn an assembly/repair process from an engineer and train/provide support to Operations Technicians running the line
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Individual must be a quick learner and be effective at working in a multi-tasking environment.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems in manufacturing and repair
- Ability to perform job assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- 2 Year Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology preferred with 4+ years of industry related experience
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.