Value Stream Coach
The Value Stream Coach will act as the change agent for process improvement and lean implementation and practices; driving transformation with purposeful activities that deliver value to customers that results in growth and significantly improved business health of the value stream driver metrics.
- Coordinate the development of the value stream focus scoping document across the function and customer groups that ensures buy-in and agreement on the direction of the value stream.
- Coach and develop leaders from the front line to the VS manager on operating a premier performing lean value stream through leadership culture and behavior changes, and process operating rhythm and method changes
- Coach and develop the Enterprise Excellence change leaders to grow their lean knowledge, coaching and change management capabilities
- Coach all key contributors daily during formal gemba walks on developing a highly effective Daily Management process, focused on management through mission control, flow through making takt/meeting demand, ensuring compliance to standard work, and identifying and eliminating abnormalities affecting takt attainment through a problem solving rigor
- Work with the entire value stream organization to transform to a culture of significant focus on value for the customer, and rigorous continuous improvement and problem solving … drive the customer value proposition
- Work with the value stream organization to develop value stream maps that establish future state targets on elimination of non-value adding waste and reduction of cycle times
- Works with the value stream leadership team to develop strategies and plans within the transformation plan that attack the appropriate levers to improve customer value, with a primary focus on growth and improved business health of the driver metrics.
- Works with the value stream leadership team and lead the execution of Rapid Improvement Events, A3’s and Just-Do-Its which will lead to achievement of future state targets and ensure the Value Stream Analysis A3 actual performance meets targets, while also providing key deliverables in the areas of focus driver metrics such as first time quality, cycle time reduction, cost reduction, waste elimination, increased capacity and improved efficiency.
- Deliver standard training to teach the team on lean tools and concepts such as problem solving, A3 management, managing daily improvement, material and information flow, standardized work, leader as coach, kanban/pull, kaizen, Value Stream mapping, visual management, error proofing, 5S, and cellular processing/manufacturing
- Works with team to ensure rigor around the pre-work, post work and conducting of the rapid improvement event weeks. Follows the standard improvement expectations.
- Provides cost estimates and capital expenditure justification as necessary.
- Ensure compliance within the value stream with standard processes and standard tools, helps the value stream team develop and follow their personal leader standard work, and helps develop a culture of process discipline around employees following process standard work.
- To assess the effectiveness of the transformation, coordinate and measure actual performance against scoping document driver and watch metric targets
- Lead Value Stream Steering Committee and manage the transformation plan.
- Assists Product Launch Managers and Project Managers in new product introduction and
team related project completion.
- Supports and meets Departmental, Plant and Corporate HS&E goals. Works in a safe and
- Bachelor of Science Degree or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of documented world class lean manufacturing/transactional/functional experience.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications required (Excel, Word, Visio, and PP). Excellent Team Facilitation Skills
- Extensive Gemba based continuous improvement based tools/techniques. Excellent documented leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and team members
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized.
- Must work well in teams
- Capable of coordinating efforts of employees at all levels.
- Proven ability to effectively work with global partners and cultures within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand value in the eyes of the customer and to build a value delivery system
- Ability to evaluate and assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Able to quickly develop relationships that build immediate trust.
- Able to influence, persuade, convince, mentor and facilitate lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance.
- Up to 25% travel at times
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370