The Specification Consultant will provide professional door hardware specification services to the architectural community as a “pull through” sales strategy to penetrate the market. This includes reviewing shop drawings of distributor submittals, and providing expert analysis on product comparisons as well as writing specifications for projects in various markets
- Write technical specifications for the architectural community, including code compliance for new construction projects as well as aftermarket requests.
- Convert and provide solutions to architects on special jobs and product application requirements.
- Increase Architect’s product and application knowledge by regularly conducting lunch and learn training events.
- Participate in pre and post installation meetings. Assist the architect with revisions, access control coordination, and requests for information during all phases of the project.
- Communicate strategic project information to assist in the formation of a project call
- strategy for the end user and distributor sales force.
- Exhibit an understanding of electro-mechanical products and solutions including access control and software.
- Provide a complete access control package specification including riser diagrams.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Consultants making joint sales calls, issuing spec guides, etc.
- Maintain excellent industry/competitor product knowledge by reviewing and understanding market data of competitive activity. Adapt to change in marketplace.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years industry experience
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronic solutions, including options spanning from mechanical access/egress control to total facility integration
- Basic understanding of electricity and electronic components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing others with a bias for action
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- AHC certification preferred
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370