Senior Cloud Engineer
# of Openings per Req
As Ellucian's Sr. Cloud Engineer you will utilize your strong AWS and scripting skills and experience to deliver innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education. You will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and optimizing cloud operations processes in collaboration with the Network, Platform, and Applications teams for automating. As well as write process requirements documents and decompose each requirement into multiple user stories for bi-weekly sprint development cycle.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing, documenting, developing, testing, and deploying automation tools using Python, Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins in the cloud.
- Writing standard operating procedures and training our operations engineers to use and maintain the automation tools.
- Testing, deploying, and advocating the use of devops technologies such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, and Packer.
- Analyzing changes in business requirements and updating the existing documents, processes, methods, procedures, and tools to work with these changes.
- Providing direction and support to junior cloud engineers in all phases of tool development life cycle.
- Assisting the manager in addressing complex provisioning, deployment, configuration, and automation projects.
Auto req ID
Job Posting Location(s)
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years developing automation tools using Perl, Python, or Ruby for a large production environment with 1,000+ servers.
- 2+ years developing and deploying automation tools using Bash, PowerShell, Python, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Git.
- 2+ years with AWS VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, SNS, AMI, IAM, KMS, Route 53, CloudWatch, and Lambda
- Using scrum development methodology with JIRA
- Writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to adapt to changes in the business requirements.
Desired Certifications and Experience:
- AWS Certified Developer or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3
- Supporting, maintaining, or using Ellucian products such as Banner and Colleague
- Web-based application development using Apache, Tomcat, IIS, and Nginx
- Network administration including DNS, IPAM, VPN, SSL certificates, and firewalls
- Linux and Windows administration including AD and ADFS
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.