Coordinator, Human Resources
District Of Columbia
Type of Position
Under direct supervision, provides general administrative and clerical support for the HR Operations team. Primary responsibilities include extensive data entry and auditing; ownership of electronic employee onboarding; and management of confidential personnel records in both the Cloud based repository in HRIS as well as duplicate physical files in the HR File Room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With a high level of accuracy, assists with a large volume of data entry and auditing related to new hires, rehires, conversions, terminations, salary adjustments, transfers, and other compensation items as well as Supervisor changes, Department changes, Name changes, and Marital status updates (approximately 80-120 transactions per pay cycle). Responsible to submit all required support documentation to Payroll in a timely fashion in accordance with pre-set schedule.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees, to include:
- Processing new hires within web based onboarding system, ensuring all required documents are collected and processed accordingly such as policy acknowledgements, wage memos and location specific forms.
- Ensuring accurate generation of new hire/conversion alerts.
- Ensuring Form I-9's are received in time, filed accurately and kept up-to-date (including the timely removal of terminated employees from the active files and re-verifying documentation for Foreign Nationals when necessary).
- Troubleshooting access and registration issues.
- Serves as backup for coordinating and conducting new hire orientations for DC based hires as well as remote hires.
- Monitors various HR Inboxes and responds to employee inquires, and/or escalates to appropriate specialist.
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures (such as unemployment claims and employment verifications).
- Runs, maintains and manipulates reports within Excel; conducts research and prepares materials for presentations or analysis.
- Updates Corporate Intranet and sends all employee communications as needed.
- Spearheads annual projects such as document purging in accordance with Company retention policies and wage memo collection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the maintenance of confidential employee files, both physical and electronic. Manages the check-out procedure for physical employee files. Creates electronic scans of files and documents for upload into the Cloud, ensuring appropriate parsing and tagging.
- Using Excel, tracks Employment Agreements and related renewals and expiration dates.
- Assists with DC based events such as:
- HR events and meetings (i.e. SiriusXM Start, Management Trainings, Intern meetings etc.).
- All employee events (i.e. Ice Cream Fling, Summer BBQ, October Employee Gathering and Holiday Gathering etc.).
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- At least one year of related experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- 1-2 years of HRIS Data Entry experience preferred.
- Recognizing and maintaining confidentiality of work materials.
- Willingness to learn HR systems/procedures/functions quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Microsoft Windows.
- HRIS data entry experience, ADP preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.