Careers that Change Lives
To manage a sales territory with responsibilities to maintain and develop business with existing and new customers within the defined sales area and against a revenue target set at the time of AOP. Perform and execute on specific objectives set by the Business Manager at the start of the fiscal year.
A Day in the Life
- The primary objective is met when revenue in the defined area meets or exceeds the forecasts prepared for and targets set for the territory. Performance is managed on a quarterly basis as aligned with the quarterly targets for each territory.
- To prepare and execute a yearly comprehensive business plan by account, which outlines product mix expectations, trends and their understanding, and focus and target accounts/customers for the financial year. Included in the plan are proposed meetings and customer activities along with associated budget impact.
- To acquire a thorough working knowledge of the products and therapies as allocated by the Business Manager and to develop a thorough understanding of all their applications.
- To keep clinical and technical knowledge up to date through attending regular sales meetings and product training sessions, as well as through reading relevant clinical studies and working with product specialists on filling knowledge gaps.
- To acquire and develop all necessary professional selling skills through meetings and training sessions and through attendance at outside training courses in accordance with the company’s personal development programs.
- To organize and manage the territory in the most effective and economical manner. Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure customer records are kept up to date and contain relevant information with relation to setting up regular meetings and understanding areas of clinical interest related to the devices offered by Medtronic.
- Have a thorough understanding of sales history and results to be presented on a quarterly basis at meetings and communicated through monthly reports.
- Plan regular meetings with economic decision makers and keep a thorough record of all quotes in negotiation and pricing analyses which led to the quotation.
- Effectively manage consignment stock in all accounts, both through agreement with hospitals on stock checks and through meeting assigned inventory targets set yearly by the Business Manager.
- Attendance at all sales meetings, national sales meetings and company organized training sessions is mandatory.
- All administrative duties will be carried out and all necessary reports i.e. boot stock reports, stock movement forms etc. will be returned as and when requested.
- To liaise whenever necessary with sales office staff, Finance Manager and staff, Customer Services, and Business Support Administrator to ensure a proper level of customer service is maintained.
- To report on a day to day basis, activities in customer accounts, prevailing or changing business trends, customer complaints, and competitor activity to the Business Manager/Product Specialists.
- To carry out such additional duties as may become necessary from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the division.
- 4-6 years sales experience within medical industry.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Sales skills
- High level of business acumen
- High interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Able to prepare and present a business plan, including a sales forecast and anticipated expenditure
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision
Nice to Haves
- College or university technical or scientific education
- Knowledge of medical devices, including competitors.