A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the job level.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
• Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
• Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• May include customization base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Solves Problems that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Agile Coaching will be the plus. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires seven or more years of demonstrated experience
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.