The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), we’re smack in the middle of it. We’re an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create the tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trip.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the tech industry in a dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and teamwork.
Revenue Optimization at EAN
We are responsible for identifying and driving significant revenue growth for the organization. We use advanced data science techniques in order to make business decisions and find opportunities for growth. We are looking to extend the team and build on the strong results delivered to date.
We are looking for a Data Scientist/Sr Analyst to complement the Revenue Optimization team based in EAN’s global headquarter in London
- You will apply your strong technical background in statistics, programming and machine learning to extract commercial value for EAN
- You will be working in a cross-functional environment – maintaining strong ties with data scientists, analysts and other teams
- You will balance your eye for detail with a solid understanding of the bigger picture, allowing you to understand the implications of your actions on the business as a whole
- You will assess the business implications of your decisions and communicate these with team members and external stakeholders.
Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, or similar. Additional MBA degree is highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial role focused on extracting business value from technical insights using statistical modelling, econometrics, data science or similar
- Commercial experience in R, Python or similar to analyze, transform and visualize data at scale
- Commercial experience in applying common modelling/forecasting techniques at scale - e.g. linear regression, logistic, Markov models etc. and machine learning techniques
- Good understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing.
- Knowledge of database querying (SQL), relational databases
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new tools quickly
- Pro-active, self-driven, curious, analytical and excited to use the power of technology to solve commercial business problems
- Able to independently find solutions and work towards goals when hurdles occur
- Ability to question and validate empirical findings
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements to/from technical requirements
- Good communication and presentation skills - Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.