At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Program Description: The SMARTransformation Program is a five year six phase program that will transform Ingersoll Rand's back office business processes and systems. The $250 mil. program will drive operational excellence by simplifying and standardizing back office processes, enabled thru one common Oracle ERP solution. The intent is to drive productivity, improve customer experience and leverage resources across the enterprise. The five year strategy will redesign the processes and technology supporting our back office value streams; Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Manufacture, Contract to Maintain, and Record to Report.
Position Overview: The Sr. ERP Application Developer will be responsible for the design and delivery of reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements (RICE) globally for the back office transformation of Ingersoll Rand. Additionally, this role would have responsibility for the Technical Production Support of RICE for Oracle 11i and R12 along with related systems and middleware. This position will be part of the ERP team working with various locations around the world to design and implement a single business solution and system utilizing Oracle R12. Candidate will have 5+ years of global large scale ERP implementation experience, including Oracle e-Business Suite R12.
- Design and develop custom reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements (RICE) to support the global design for the back off transformation of Ingersoll Rand.
- Ensure solutions are complete from an end to end perspective, follow design and architecture principles, and provide the proper tool sets for end user support of interfaces.
- Support the definition of the process, standards and tools to enable RICE development for Oracle EBS.
- Provide custom application support for all 11i instances and the R12 Oracle instance in Ingersoll Rand.
- Manage risks associated with program implementation and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Works independently
- Mentor new developers
- Build complicated/large RICE objects
- Manage Implementation cut over tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 or more years of computer systems implementation experience supporting large scale ERP support organizations
- 5 or more years of experience with the Oracle e-Business Suite (preferably R12) with hands-on working experience managing technical organizations
- 5 or more years of experience in application development within Oracle ERP in the Order Management and Service Modules preferred
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously among changing priorities
- Works well under pressure and can resolve complex problems
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adaptable to work on new platforms
- Works in a collaborative fashion, elevates team results over individual results
- Effective communication skills, presenting, listening and informing
- Oracle Applications development experience utilizing pl/sql
- Working knowledge of a system development methodology
- Experience in the creation of technical design documentation
- Experience with creating, documenting, and executing test plans
- Functional knowledge of multiple modules of Oracle EBS is required
- Experience in one or more of the following Oracle Technologies: OA Framework, MWA Development, Fusion Middleware, Java
- Understanding of Project Management Methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Creation of interfaces of significant size and complexity
- Experience in the support of large scale ERP instance
- Creation of Extensions of significant complexity through the use of APIs
- Management of Data Conversions and/or cutover for an ERP Implementation
- 15% travel may be required. Additional may be required if not located in Davidson, NC
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.