Paranoids Project/Program Manager
When you impact millions of people every day, you become a large target for adversaries in all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Yahoo one of the safest places on the Internet.
We are the Information Security team at Yahoo. People call us “The Paranoids”.
Reporting to the Paranoids Senior Director, Security Program Management leads both tactical and strategic initiatives in support of our security programs. In this role you’ll coordinate projects within the Paranoids, and with other teams throughout the company. You will be responsible for managing technology, strategy, governance, and architecture projects/programs/processes company-wide.
You’ll partner with teams across the company including IT, Network, Engineering, and Legal to help us protect over a billion users.
- Working with the project teams and leadership, you’ll plan initiatives accounting for resource needs, budgetary needs, and other factors to meet expected project timelines and goals.
- You’ll drive large programs across the company to address security needs.
- You’ll be accountable for the successful, on-time, and on-budget delivery of security projects.
- You’ll measure progress against goals and report to the team and up to executive leadership.
- Manage a portfolio of 5 - 8 formal projects, based on size, scope, and complexity.
- Drive security and process improvements into Paranoids and throughout the company.
- Represent the Paranoids and the PMO internally.
- Bachelor degree with a preference in Computer Science, Engineering, or technical related field
- One of the following certifications: PMP, Prince2, Agile or Six Sigma
- 7-10 years of technical program/project management experience
- 7-10 years of people management or team management experience
- Experience leading Enterprise transformational programs
- Solid knowledge of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Experience leading programs to completion, including conducting postmortems or retrospectives
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Jira ticketing / workflow systems, able to generate metrics & reports
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting security metrics
- Working knowledge of attacker lifecycles and defender strategies
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or ISO 27001/2
- Experience with technologies and processes such as networks, encryption, vulnerability management, identity and access management, endpoint management, risk management, and cloud services
- Expert problem solver, using proven methods to solve difficult issues effectively
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, effectively copes with change
- Proven conflict management skills and remains composed under pressure
- Advanced degree preferred: Masters, MBA or PhD
- One of the following security certifications are preferred: CISM or CISSP
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.