Head of Competency Center - Devops (M/W) -
Employee / Individual contributor
Do you like to create excellence coming up with cutting edge ideas for variety of technical challenges in Development and Operations field within Fintech Industry? Do you want to impact the technological direction of one of Europe’s largest financial services organization enabled by IT?
If that’s a yes…
Then Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European Banking and Financial services major Societe Generale (SG), is France's third largest bank by total assets, sixth largest in Europe could be your new home…
Who we are?
Societe Generale Global Solution Center (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Societe Generale (SG), embarked on its Indian journey in 2000, and has displayed remarkable growth since. In 2002, the IT division expanded to include Investment Banking, and the back office operations were launched in 2004.
About Societe Generale Global Solution Center (SG GSC) - It is a 100% own subsidiary of Societe Generale Group, providing IT, IT Infrastructure and Back Office/Operations support to the Bank globally. SG GSC is over 5500 employees spread between Bangalore & Chennai
IT is at the heart of our business, and whether our clients are corporates or individuals, wherever they are, technology is the cornerstone of our strategy, and we expect to get the most value of latest trends in the industry to give our users a competitive advantage.
• Position of Global Head Competency Center - ITEC/ARC/COC
• Manage 35+ team members that operate the Continuous Delivery Platform.
• Raise SGGSC ITEC/ARC/COC Ownership of Competency Center service offer.
• Enhance technical and project management skills of SGGSC team
• Enhance strategic vision of CoC local team
• Identify & raise key people
What will you do & Ideal Characteristics?
Key responsibilities of head of CoC includes:
• Manage people, deliveries, production, processes & transversal initiatives as Global Head of Center of competency
• Enable SGGSC ITEC/ARC/COC to raise ownership of the CoC’s service offer
• Enable to attract/retain talents by his network, drive & energy
The Competence Center is part of the overall organization of Technical Architecture, based on a foundation of 13 technical domains, each being driven by a TDO (Technical Domain Owner) in charge of :
• Define and live out the Blueprint of his domain: norms and standards, user guides, etc.
• Define and drive a roadmap of changes in its field: as-is and targets context, technical development stack, etc.
• Ensure that the existing level of support on his field (development and production) is in line with the needs of the organization
• The Competence Centre operates on the last point and supports development teams in the implementation of the technologies referenced in the Blueprint.
• It is organized into several clusters, each being dedicated to the support of one or more Technical domains and providing to development teams of expert-level assistance, technical building blocks and in some cases, technical platforms.
• The Competence Centre operates the platform Continuous Delivery, a strategic asset of GBIS. The CoC team build, deploy and support the tools that make up the platform. It is used by thousands of people (dev, ops, etc.)
The position will require:
• Sets the strategy of the Competency Center in the organization, aligned to the organization of architectural teams and the IS Strategic
• Sets the operating model of the Competence Center in connection with the TDO, architects and application / project managers
• Sets the strategy of the platform Continuous Delivery.
• Implements SLA steering of the CD platform’s quality of service.
• Ensures that the level of service allows the use of the CD platform by the entire targeted user (several thousands of developers, hundreds of Ops).
• Drive the adoption of the CD platform by the largest number of people in the organization.
• Adapt the setup of the Competence Center to align the project needs (type of media by technical, team size, ...)
• Adapts sourcing model needs, mostly by leveraging on Bangalore and ATG model
• Ensures the operational management of the Competence Center
• Implements the tools required for effective management of the Competence Center (demand management, staff management, management of platforms / tools)
• Defines clear goals and priorities
• Motivates and creates team spirit
• Promotes the sharing of experiences and learning about the different areas of activity
• Manages the bidding and liaises with IT service companies
• Planning activity with regard to IT strategy and project needs
• Recruiting technical experts
Degree of Autonomy:
• Full autonomy on Competency Center
Profile of staff:
The identified staff is having:
• Experience in Management worldwide and should be able to manage the local team and create successful contact with abroad counterparts
• Good experience in coordination as well between teams across regions to built global solutions
• Capacity to create team that can then work autonomously and focus on delivery & support
• Ability to elaborate with end users solution and architecture enhancement
• Ability to give strategic view and ensure execution to the end
• Experience as well on budget management
• Good understanding of the global ITEC strategy
• Capacity to propose new initiatives to cope with ITEC strategy