Job Opening ID:
00224437 Logistics Sales Development Program (Open)
Logistics Sales Development Program
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for bright, talented professionals eager to jumpstart their careers by joining our Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS) Launch Program. The ICS Launch Program was created to identify high-potential, high-caliber individuals and provide them with the highest quality training to Launch their J.B. Hunt career in our rapidly expanding geographical network.
Employees selected for the ICS Launch Program have the opportunity to learn the business of third party logistics while working out of the corporate office for their first year. This first year enables Launch employees to gain valuable experience in operations and sales while they strategically network at the corporate office to develop relationships that will drive their success after placement into a field location.
• ICS provides custom transportation and logistics solutions to our customers primarily using third party transportation providers.
• We partner with 40,000+ small trucking companies across the nation and depend on them as much as they depend on us. It's a win-win partnership.
• BTGT is our mantra. ICS always strives to Be The Go-To! This is what we live by.
• Quarterly rallies
• ACT awards (Accountability, Commitment, and Teamwork) recognize top performers each quarter for their outstanding achievements.
• We are the fastest growing business segment, expanding from 18 employees and $42MM in revenue in 2007 to more than 650 employees and $742MM today.
What you will do:
- Cover freight- Manage the pickup, transit, and on-time delivery
- Rate negotiations with carriers
- Provide excellent customer service and follow-up
- Logistics consultant- Offer solutions to our customers' freight needs
- Develop and manage your own carrier base
- Generate leads for new business opportunities
Do you fit?
- Work hard, play hard mentality
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- High-energy, positive attitude
- Strong multitaskers
- Great phone presence and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- College degree and 3.0 GPA preferred
- Relevant work experience preferred
Where is the corporate office?
- Lowell, AR, the heart of Northwest Arkansas
- U.S. News Recognized Northwest Arkansas as the third "Best Place to Live” for 2016
- Lonely Planet Recognized Northwest Arkansas as the seventh “Best Place” for 2016
- The Milken Institute Recognized Northwest Arkansas as the 24th “Best Performing City” for 2016
- *Following program completion, employees are required to relocate to one of our field locations.
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.