Monsanto Vegetables is seeking a highly motivated individual to be part of our supply planning organization. This role participates in all aspects of planning our global vegetable seed production. The main focus is to ensure appropriate volumes are planned based on sales forecasts and supply change impacts.
This position will require focus in the following areas:
Prepare production plans (net requirements on volume, country of exclusion and timing) for Commercial seed sales
Active participant in multiple Integrated Business Planning work streams
Develop crop level production budgets utilizing LRP forecast data.
Evaluate and determine optimal Safety Stock levels to optimize sales profit opportunities
Work with vegetable production teams to ensure crop production is placed in optimal production areas
Analyze global sales forecast to propose harvest priorities while working with Global Supply Specialist and Crop Placement Manager
Active member of global crop teams
Monitor data integrity and update finance, marketing and product management on Crop Lock Forecast, Budget Analysis/reporting, and Long Range Planning
Work closely with Crop Team to understand timing and volumes to ensure adequate capacity, parental inventory and productions are completed in time for product launch.
Regular, comprehensive analysis/communication on supply and provide numerous ad hoc analysis of production volumes, inventory levels, quality levels, usability and recommend actions /improvements.
Identify and champion process improvement opportunities within global planning
Providing periodic updates on production plans to senior leadership
• Advanced foresight skills, which includes but is not limited to, ability to anticipate unforeseen changes and develops contingency plans
• Views and considers issues from the point of view of all impacted stakeholders
• Reacts quickly to unexpected changes within forecasts and supply situation or other market changes, and proposes solutions
• Proactively monitors needs and wishes of stakeholders and proposes improvements
• Fully communicates the impact of the changes across teams
• Strong project management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and strong computer skills
• SAP and Business Objects knowledge highly desired
• Ability to work effectively in a global, team-based, and matrix environment
• Require minimum of Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Planning, Agriculture, Business, or related area
• 5+ years supply chain, logistics, planning, or seed business experience required
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!