Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel, Athens is looking for an Executive Chef to join a talented pre-opening team.
The F&B Operation consists of eight outlets and a significant banquet operation.
- Two signature restaurants
- Two lounges
- Two significant Pool / Beach side outlets
- Cigar Bar
- Two separate Banquet operations
(1,284 sqm of indoor meeting space + Outdoor catering space)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Executive Chef is responsible for the day to day operation of the kitchen department ensuring proper supervision; efficient, organised, safe and hygienic work areas and highest quality of product is delivered to the guests and staff.
- Manage and supervise the division in accordance with FS core and culture standards and local operating criteria at all times.
- Form a strong team spirit within the team by taking a personal interest in every employee in the department and fostering excellent inter-departmental cooperation.
- Actively promote the career development of his/her team members by offering continuous training and exposure opportunities, performance feedback, effective coaching and disciplining when necessary.
- Be actively involved in all facets of Training activities in the Food Preparation Department.
- Ensures the highest quality of all food prepared in the kitchen, constantly inspects taste, temperature and visual appeal and portion size. Ensures standard recipes are followed strictly.
- Comply with HACCP procedures and ensures highest level of hygiene and sanitation is all food preparation. Examine food suppliers and received goods for quality and quantity.
- Develop creative menus and food promotion and supervise their implementation, menus are prepared correctly and ready for service.
- Must be “hands on” and able to practice and demonstrate excellent technical kitchen skills.
- Be actively involved in the execution of special culinary events.
- Ensures high level of personal hygiene and grooming standards of the kitchen staff.
- Development of food cost and quality control procedures, Investigate food cost issues with a view to take whatever corrective action may be necessary.
- Actively participates in the weekly kitchen walk through and address any concerns immediately.
- Equipment and fixtures are maintained well and reports any faults and damage.
- Responsible for the purchase of food in cooperation with the Purchasing Manager and assures the best quality for the best price.
- Maintain computer systems, menu sales mix, food cost reports, employee reviews and administrative duties.
- In co-operation with the Outlet Chefs ensures effective scheduling, holidays and day off taking into consideration volume of expected business.
- Assign in detail, specific duties to all Chefs and guide them through special projects/assignment
- Responsible for the quality of food prepared in the employee restaurants.
- Liaise with banquets following the specified standards indicated on individual function sheets.
- Communicate effectively with the banquet department, stewarding and pastry shop in ensuring timely production of banquet meals.
- Liaise with other outlets and Departments on guest comments and follows up with necessary action.
- Deal effectively with guests and workplace colleagues from a variety cultures.
- To assist and participate actively in kitchen improvement schemes and product innovation.
- To keep abreast with latest food trends, techniques and equipment in the international and local market and be able to discuss them effectively.
- Be familiar with property safety, current first aid fire emergency procedures.
- The ability to work closely with all chefs in relation to the food.
- To coach and review the various levels of chefs to train them for the next level within the property and company.
- To participate and monitor within chefs in culinary competitions that will promote our culinary expertise locally and internationally.
- To work alongside the Director of F&B to establish a harmonious working environment within the division.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language. Additional languages are a plus (Arabic)
- Must have experience managing large operations with multiple outlet concepts
- Should be familiar with Greek, Mediterranean and a variety of international cooking styles
- Strong presence on the floor (FOH) and act as an ambassador of the hotel
- Sense of style, flair and eye for detail
- Passionate Food & Beverage operator.
- Strong people-management skills.
- A Hospitality Management Degree qualification is preferred
Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for since 1998. We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the passion to excel.
The rebirth of a Greek legend
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is set to redefine the luxury hotel market in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean. Following a complete remodelling and renovation, this iconic Greek resort will once again dazzle one and all who come to savour the crystal clear waters of the Aegean sea.
It is difficult to articulate just how big a deal this really is for Athens. Astir Palace is an institution that has transcended hospitality and tourism since the early sixties to become part of the fabric of Greek high society, politics and global celebrity. The sense of anticipation about its reopening is palpable in the community surrounding the resort but also among its competitor hotels who will once again have to contend with its awesome attraction for local and international visitors.
The arrival of Four Seasons in Athens is indeed a landmark development for the company and a statement of intent about how serious it is in operating top end leisure resorts in Europe.
Astir's new owners have spared no cost in restoring this Aegean Goddess to every bit of her former glory and much more. The resort boasts not one but two hotel concepts, totalling 248 keys, eight eclectic food and beverage outlets and a myriad of luxury outdoor amenities including private pools, an exclusive beach, tennis academy, state of the art Spa and 58 luxury villas.
If you want to be part of this unique opportunity on the Greek Riviera, just 25 minutes from Athens, don't wait, apply now!