This position has the responsibility and authority to represent the office of the R&D, Patient Monitoring Jerusalem; to constituencies internal and external to Medtronic. Additionally this position provides support to the R&D Departments in the Jerusalem site and R&D staff leaders. This includes a full range of duties, and requires the ability to handle a broad range of items on a proactive, professional and discreet basis.
· The Enabling Technology Lead distinguishes itself through the creation of a network of clinical and technical resources which assists in defining and developing new and enhanced solutions that will influence Patient Monitoring’s R&D pipeline. Support duties include but are not limited to:
§ Asses the clinical and technical value of the opportunity and convey the path to incremental value, outcomes improvement and customer benefit.
§ Explore and identify collaboration opportunities with healthcare providers for customer needs assessment, product assimilation and validation.
§ Scout for academic research labs and researchers for cooperation in advanced technologies to broaden internal capabilities.
§ Acts as liaison between the local industry (start-ups, incubators, etc) and the R&D departments.
§ Work with global marketing and strategy on new disease states definition, roadmap creation and overall focus conditions.
§ Serve as the R&D focal point for external communication with the academia, healthcare facilities and KOLs.
§ Serve as the R&D representative in establishing ad-boards, tech suites, innovation suites and other engagement in conferences.
§ Lead the process for interacting with the different HCP including the agreements, terms and logistics.
§ Coordinate periodic visits, meetings and interactions with external audience as required from the project teams.
§ Build processes and procedures that support the operating mechanisms.
· Tracks and reviews budgeting process.
· Implement policies and procedures set by management.
· Acts as a resource for organizational policies, issues and procedures.
· Work under minimal supervision while carrying out independent responsibilities.
· All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
· Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Travel requirement: 20-30%
Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Eng.
· Masters degree - advantage
At least 5 years experience as an engineer/scientist within the field of medical or bio-medical devices with high understanding of the clinical aspects.
· Experience handling confidential, sensitive business information and supporting executive level professional.
·Excellent proofreading/composition skills
strong written and oral communication skills in English.
· Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· High ability to prepare presentations and present to senior leadership and external stakeholders.
· Have influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives.
· Understand customer and market and is able to translate the opportunity into concrete actions.
· Must possess a high level of energy and willingness to work independently in a “fast paced” environment. Flexible - ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
· Excellent organizational skills required with ability to prioritize. Ability to work well with multiple instructions and directions, and in ambiguous situations.
· Must be proactive and able to prioritize work independently.
· Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work with others and interface with all levels of the organization and management.