Careers that Change Lives
To manage a sales territory with responsibilities to
maintain and develop business with existing and new customers within the
defined sales area and against a revenue target set at the time of AOP. Perform
and execute on specific objectives set by the Business Manager at the start of
the fiscal year.
A Day in the Life
- The primary objective is met when revenue in the
defined area meets or exceeds the forecasts prepared for and targets set for
the territory. Performance is managed on a quarterly basis as aligned with the
quarterly targets for each territory.
- To prepare and execute a yearly comprehensive
business plan by account, which outlines product mix expectations, trends and
their understanding, and focus and target accounts/customers for the financial
year. Included in the plan are proposed meetings and customer activities along
with associated budget impact.
- To acquire a thorough working knowledge of the
products and therapies as allocated by the Business Manager and to develop a
thorough understanding of all their applications.
- To keep clinical and technical knowledge up to
date through attending regular sales meetings and product training sessions, as
well as through reading relevant clinical studies and working with product
specialists on filling knowledge gaps.
- To acquire and develop all necessary
professional selling skills through meetings and training sessions and through
attendance at outside training courses in accordance with the company’s
personal development programs.
- To organize and manage the territory in the most
effective and economical manner. Typical responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:
- Ensure customer records are kept up to date and
contain relevant information with relation to setting up regular meetings and
understanding areas of clinical interest related to the devices offered by
- Have a thorough understanding of sales history
and results to be presented on a quarterly basis at meetings and communicated
through monthly reports.
- Plan regular meetings with economic decision
makers and keep a thorough record of all quotes in negotiation and pricing
analyses which led to the quotation.
- Effectively manage consignment stock in all
accounts, both through agreement with hospitals on stock checks and through
meeting assigned inventory targets set yearly by the Business Manager.
- Attendance at all sales meetings, national sales
meetings and company organized training sessions is mandatory.
- All administrative duties will be carried out
and all necessary reports i.e. boot stock reports, stock movement forms etc.
will be returned as and when requested.
- To liaise whenever necessary with sales office
staff, Finance Manager and staff, Customer Services, and Business Support
Administrator to ensure a proper level of customer service is maintained.
- To report on a day to day basis, activities in
customer accounts, prevailing or changing business trends, customer complaints,
and competitor activity to the Business Manager/Product Specialists.
- To carry out such additional duties as may
become necessary from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the
- 4-6 years sales experience within medical
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Sales skills
- High level of business acumen
- High interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Able to prepare and present a business plan,
including a sales forecast and anticipated expenditure
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum
Nice to Haves
- College or university technical or scientific
- Knowledge of medical devices, including