Job ID R171456
The Pivotal Solutions Business Development Director plays a critical role in the Dell Technologies Solutions group. This role is responsible for exploring and executing new joint solutions opportunities between VMware and Pivotal in a “Better Together” manner that fully leverages the combined Go To Market power of Dell Technologies.
The combined power of Dell Technologies presents unique opportunities – and challenges. This is senior position is much more than a typical Alliances/partnership role. The Dell Technologies Solutions (DTS) team is deeply embedded in the VMware R&D organization and is strategically located in VMware’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer. The DTS group’s role is to maximize the opportunities for VMware’s technologies as part of the Dell Technologies family. This senior position is one of a team of Business Development leaders responsible for driving deep technical partnerships within other parts of Dell Technologies. This role will be based in either San Francisco or Palo Alto, CA and focused on our technology relationship with Pivotal. A core responsibility of this role will be ensuring the success of the recently announced Pivotal Container Service joint collaboration between Pivotal & VMware - https://cloud.vmware.com/pivotal-container-service.
This is a highly visible role with significant exposure all aspects of the VMware – Pivotal businesses. As such it is critical to the long term success of VMware’s collaboration with Pivotal.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive deep technical alignment (strategic & tactical; short term & long term) between VMware & Pivotal
- Act as the key VMware onsite technology & business development representative with Pivotal in San Francisco and Palo Alto – be the single “go-to” technologist for the Pivotal – VMware relationship
- Identify and drive new technical engineered solutions opportunities between VMware & Pivotal
- Own & drive business development for VMware – Pivotal solutions
- Actively connect and collaborate with VMware & Pivotal leaders
- Engage with Go To Market teams to facilitate field readiness & sales enablement
- Actively Identify inter-company/inter-BU execution impediments and drive resolution
- Lead regular reporting of Key Performance Indicators for the VMware – Pivotal relationship to VMware’s Executive staff
- Ensure the success of the Pivotal Container Service (PKS) solution
Key Position Requirements:
- The candidate must be an outstanding individual and team performer with a strong record of achievement in an engineering, product management, product marketing, alliance management or strategy consulting.
- Strong passion for technology, deep understanding of technology landscape and key trends
- A strong desire to go above and beyond to ensure the success of portfolio solutions such as Pivotal Container Services
- End-to-end understanding of the strategy development process and hypothesis-driven problem solving
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to think strategically and creatively, exercise judgment
- Ability to develop business plans with clear goals, strategies, execution plan and metrics
- Ability to find solutions that meaningfully grow revenue. Previous ownership of a P&L is preferred
- Proven leader with the ability to drive consensus and execution across multiple teams, organizations & company cultures
- Deep understanding of technology channels
- Strong analytical skills including defining, measuring and analyzing key performance indicators
- Comfortable with operating independently in a large company environment. Capable influencer
- Ability to interact and communicate with various levels in the organization from individual contributor to C-level executives
- High energy and comfort working in a fast-paced, start-up style environment
- A strong preference will be given to candidates with relevant technical experience in containers, Platform as a Service and Cloud Native solutions
This role is based in San Francisco or Palo Alto, and will require time to be spent in both locations. Up to 25% travel outside of the Bay Area is expected.