Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
This program is a nationwide maintenance support program designed to work side-by-side with the ANA and ANP to train and mentor them in maintaining their vast vehicle and equipment fleet. Individuals supporting this program will be expected to live and work on secured ANA and ANP bases with both Private Security and Afghan Security. Our client offers competitive compensation and R&R package along with world-class benefits
PAE is currently seeking an experienced training/learning leader to join our team as the Training Manager, Maintenance & Supply Programs. The Training Manager, Maintenance & Supply Programs will manage the training and mentoring program associated with vehicle maintenance and maintenance supply operations. The ideal candidate will have expert level knowledge of our industry as an experienced leader in designing, developing and managing large-scale, training programs. The Training Manager, Maintenance Programs will be the tip of the spear for change and modernization, enabling our customers to accomplish new objectives in their vehicle maintenance programs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Implement, manage, and oversee the training program on the Afghanistan National Maintenance Strategy (NMS) contract
- Maintain the NMS contract Training Plan, comprehensive series of learning objectives, and implementation schedule to successfully execute a national maintenance and supply training program in accordance with the contract and applicable regulations and policies
- Lead a team of developers and trainers to design a national training program (course curriculum, training/lesson plans, visual aids, operating procedures, etc.) that can be readily tailored to regional and local site requirements
- Work with functional SMEs to set requirements and conduct design/readiness reviews
- Maintain configuration control of national training program documents
- Maintain records of training
- Select, train, and certify classroom instructors
- Advise on-the-job training mentors on proper tools, techniques, and procedures
- Act as the Point of Contact (POC) for questions or issues that arise related to NMS training and mentoring, interfacing with customer, PAE, and subcontractor management daily
- Directly lead, oversee, and manage employees and subcontractors who perform contract maintenance and supply training services to ensure professionalism and quality workmanship
- Develop metrics to effectively monitor trainee progress and overall training program success; track performance metrics and develop reports to demonstrate contract performance for submission to the customer
- Ensure successful performance of maintenance, supply, and training functions that meet prescribed Acceptable Performance Level (APL) and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) standards
- Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in military or commercial technical training is required in a related area of vocational/technical training, instructional system design, or educational technologies, with a minimum of five (5) years’ training supervisory experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in vehicle or mechanical equipment maintenance services or in supply operations supporting maintenance activities
- Two (2) years’ experience working in Afghanistan with an understanding of the culture, social customs, and values that impact Afghan adult learning
- Experience developing formal classroom courses and materials to military Instructional System Designer (ISD) standards, including a working knowledge of the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) instructional design framework
- Experience developing task certification training, On-the-Job Training (OJT) packages, and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) in conjunction with functional Subject Matter Experts (SME) preferably in support of international training programs
- Experience utilizing a variety of information systems to effectively manage a large, national training and mentoring program
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Education: Bachelors’ degree in a related discipline
- Security Vetting: Must obtain/maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance and maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract (U.S. citizenship required)
- Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills; ability to speak, understand, read, and write in Dari is a plus
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
- Experience with CorePartners – Core Asset Management System (Core AMS), Core Inventory Management System (Core IMS), Core Vehicle Management System (Core VMS)
- Experience supporting US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) or NATO Training Group (NTG)
- Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) platform development or maintenance
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- The full time work location for this position is Kabul, Afghanistan. Work is in a hostile war zone environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. Periodic travel to United Arab Emirates (UAE) and United States may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 9 hours per day,
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster