United States-Maryland-Woodlawn No No relocation assistance available Position of Public Trust
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking Scrum Master join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on supporting the development and execution plan to support the transformation to Agile methodology, including development of processes, templates, artifacts, training materials, and lessons-learned.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
• Support the product development process:
o Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other meetings
o Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress within the agreed reporting framework
o Maintain process documentation
o Support and enforce the Agile methodology and framework used by the project team
o Fulfill the role of the Scrum Master, leading product development teams in the delivery of business critical, enterprise software development projects to our
o Ensure the Scrum Framework is implemented effectively and provides coaching and training at the team level to maximize its benefits
• Support the Product Owner
o Assist with product backlog maintenance as needed
o Assist with internal and external communication to improve transparency
o Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
o Assist with the launch plan and overseeing the coordinated roll out and delivery
• Support the Scrum Team
o Assist with making appropriate commitments to deliver business value through story selection, definition of tasks and estimation
o Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools and best practices
o Identify and remove impediments
o Facilitate team discussion and conflict resolution
o Help the team to learn from experience
o Empower the team to self-organize
• Provide support with risk management, release management, facilitate release planning activities,
• Adopt a positive attitude about Agile processes, ensure tasks are flowing from one phase to the next, facilitate the basics of the process (i.e. transparency, project information is current, impediments are being eliminated)
• Conduct Scrum team training, retrospective workshops, Lean software development workshops for infrastructure teams.
• Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via white papers and presentations, enabling the ease of comprehension by customers and all stakeholders.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customer’s lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices
• Support the development and execution plan to support the transformation to Agile methodology, including development of processes, templates, artifacts, training materials, and lessons-learned.
• Ensure HIPAA violations do not occur within the program by taking a proactive role in the constant vigilance and rigor to emphasize HIPAA compliance throughout all levels of the program (systems, personnel, and data). To be fully aware of all PHI/PII within their respective program and how it is protected. Provide continuous training to ensure all staff understand and can execute their role in HIPAA compliance. HIPAA compliance is to be prioritized over project schedules. Working with their program security lead, ensure all required safeguards are in place. Require and support developers’ use of secure coding practices (as applicable to program SOW). Be fully conversant (and ensure staff are trained) on breach notification procedures for your program.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and 14 years’ experience, Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, PhD degree and 9 years of experience, or 18 years of experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 3 years’ of experience working as part of the Scrum team (as Scrum Master, Product Owner, Team member, or a combination thereof)
• Minimum of 9 years of experience working in an IT related field
• Experience teaching others how to become Agile
• Certification: Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have experience in communicating with all levels of executives.
• Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder) in order to obtain and maintain clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Experience with and understanding of doing business with the federal government.
• Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities.
• Experience with enterprise architecture, application planning, and deployment.
• Experience leading efforts to prepare life cycle documents, including Use Cases, Requirements System Design Alternatives, System Development Plans, Detailed Design Specifications, and Implementation Plans.
• A solid understanding of SSA operations.
Certification in one or more of these designations is preferred:
• Certification as Agile Coach
• Agile Certified Practitioner
• Certification as a Product Owner (CPO) ,
• SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.