Utilizes medical and administrative skills to provide support to patients and health care staff under the supervision of a physician or nurse.
This position will primarily work days, with various schedules ranging in hours from Monday-Friday (6am-9pm), and weekends (8am-4pm). These hours and days may vary depending on the facility’s needs.
- Assists with performing assessments and treatments by gathering information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens and documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Administers specific medications under direction of physician.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning by updating the health maintenance tab.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient registration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency with phlebotomy required, proficiency in EKG desired.
- Completion of a clinical externship. MA Certification preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification required.
- Current AHA BLS Provider Card or must be obtained during New Hire Period.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities