Service Automation Engineer
San Diego, CA
ViaSat is changing the way people connect across the globe. We are enabling connectivity experiences that people can’t get in any other way at the same level: for consumers at home, in the air or on a ship, for the government, for telemedicine, for explorers… From our award-winning home-like connectivity on a plane or a ship, to home internet to millions of users, to big data and security, we thrive on pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re never satisfied with the status quo, and we’re passionate about innovating better internet and cybersecurity to serve the world. We’re expanding to new airlines, to international subscribers, to dozens of new markets, and we’re looking for a Customer Engineer to work with our teams. It’s a challenging position with exciting possibilities. Are you ready to be a part of the challenge?
As a Service Quality and Automation Engineer, you will be a member of the Customer Engineering team whose mission is to provide the best network availability and overall customer experience for our Commercial Aviation users.
- You will Identify and investigate potential and actual customer performance problems, recommend and prioritize remediation
- You will provide operational analytics for end-to-end insights creating deep visibility into faults, and event management.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications.
- Work with a variety of teams to design systems, develop and maintain scripts, websites and automation for use by the Operations Organization.
- Leverage existing applications, tools and device REST APIs to automate tasks and workflows.
- Document processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans.
- Setup, configure and maintain monitoring tools
- You will Design and implement Splunk and/or ELK infrastructure, deployment, products, apps, reports, alerts, and dashboards
- 3+ year of work experience with Splunk /ELK real-time processing architecture and deployment; Splunk dashboard design a big plus.
- 3+ years of experience Linux systems development and/or administration
- Has the ability to independently troubleshoot complex systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications and processes to improve system stability.
- Solid understanding of logging technologies (syslog, Windows and UNIX native logging)
- Experience with Network Monitoring Tools (Netcool/Omnibus/Tivoli)
- Experience in a Network Operations environment
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Experience in requirements analysis, engineering, and testing in real world environments.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow team members
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Keen (data-driven) decision making skills under incomplete information
- Need to be organized and analytical, and be able to document processes and procedures
- Experience analyzing case data and trending to gain operational efficiencies.
- Previous technical role in a DevOps workflow.
- Experience with RF Networks a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Discipline.
- Splunk certifications are a plus, but not required
- 7+ Years of experience
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.
Ready to join ViaSat? Submitting your resume takes just a few minutes and we’ll send you an automated response to let you know it has been received. If there is a potential match someone from the recruiting team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.