Investment Services Technology (IST) is the umbrella application development organization providing services to the Investment Services and Market business lines as well as BNY Mellon's internal shared service groups.
WST is a mainframe entity comprised of DB2 databases, CICS transactions and COBOL application programs. The Single Point of Entry System (SPE), under the mainframe infrastructure of the Work Station Technology System (WST), is an application that primarily supports Global Operations, as well as several other business areas within the Bank. The system objective and primary function is to serve as a GUI front-end system for both the Automated Financial Systems (AFS) and the Asset Information Management System (AIM) systems. The remainder of SPE is made up of ancillary functionality related to the Financial Institution Group (FIG) area of the Bank and several general processing ‘tools’, whose purpose is to provide our Users with work-aids that were designed to assist them in their daily job functions.
As a front-end for, and by interfacing with the AFS system, SPE provides the ability to enter and maintain loans residing on AFS. Similarly, in its interface with AIM, SPE allows the entry and maintenance of facilities which are housed on the AIM system.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- GUI application development using Visual Studio, VB.NET and ADO.NET
- Distributed application development using Eclipse, Java, Java script, JSF (Java Server faces) and JDBC
- Distributed application development using Spring, RESTful web Service, Angular JS, Hibernate and GIT
- Basic use of TSO functions, query of DB2 tables and DB2 catalog
- Working with GIT/Jenkins source code repository, build, and migration tools
- Production application support
- Working closely with end users to help design, implement, and test application enhancements. This includes working with the Line of Business to understand their business requirements, and to successfully integrate the business need and technology implementation.
- Analyze and break down large VB.NET applications, with the intent of identifying and implementing shared reusable services in Java
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a
related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of
experience in software development required, experience in the securities or
financial services industry is a plus.
- Visual Studio.NET
- JSF (Java Server faces)
- Java script
- SQL Knowledge/Experience
- HTML 5
Helpful, but not required:
- RESTful web Service
- Angular JS
- COBOL /JCL
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New YorkInternal Jobcode:
Investment Services Technology-HR13644Requisition Number: