Application Developer on Ruby on Rails
Objective of the job:
Application developer is responsible for design and develop technical solutions by using the IBM web technologies. Our organization works in agile structure, having self-directed team and using agile technics, tools, practices. He/she would be part of strategic squad in Budapest by being responsible for cross European transformation mission to implement solution to all the line of businesses of IBM Global Financing (IGF) Europe which helps IGF business users to be more productive to support IGF business growth. This role is part of IBM CIO Hungary organization, in IGF subdomain, collocating with IGF CoE business users.
- Being developer in Cross European Transformation squad, working according to the product owner and technical owners direction,
- Act as member of local squad, align his own vision to organization priorities,
- Represent and support all the services which own team/organization provides,
- Follow IGF business and CIO strategy, directions, priorities, quality standards,
- Being advocate of IT technologies, Agile/DevOps practices,
- Develop own skills and knowledge in line with IBM/IGF/CIO needs, support to transform it for team knowledge.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Information Technology & Services
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent English
- Technical requirements:
- Ruby on Rails programming skill,
- Frontend and backend development experiences,
- HTML, CSS, Java Script knowledge,
- Minimum 3 years experience in web application development,
- Minimum 2 years experience in Ruby on Rails development,
- Full-stack developer,
- Generic SQL knowledge,
- Experienced or open to learn the following technologies: Bluemix, Cloudant, NoSQL, Angular, Github, Node.js, Express,
- Experienced or open to learn Test Driven Development, Agile Development and DevOps,
- Ability to work in agile environment,
- University or colleague degree in IT.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Information Technology & Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role