Content & Communications Writer – 6 Month Contract
Prodigy Finance - Who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has processed over US$300 million through the platform to fund students from 118 nationalities, with exceptionally strong repayment rates.
Our team of 110 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London but the majority of the team is based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions and entrepreneurs in the world.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced, confident and results driven individual who thrives in a complex environment and who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
We are a non-hierarchical, non-corporate team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have an influence on building the company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a platform that helps to make a very real difference. The platform is complex - it has to be, because we make it possible for students from around the world to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at top universities and schools. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with everyone in the business around the world on a regular basis. Being an organisation that’s passionate about education; we place a high value on learning and personal growth, so you’ll have time to learn new skills in work time and at the company’s expense.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding - exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed Fintech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
We are looking for an experienced Content & Communications Writer to support our Regional Partnerships team, reporting into the Head of PR & Communications.
Your time will be split between content and communication development and writing (80%) and email marketing (20%).
Your key focus will be our significant international student audience, primarily India, China and Brazil.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Content creation: brainstorm relevant article topics for partners depending on their unique audiences and meet content demand by generating 1-2 articles or blog posts (800-1000-word minimum) per week
- Develop and maintain a partner content calendar
- Monitor article comments
- Copywriting duties such as proofreading communications, writing communications and emails to borrowers/students/partners, reviewing documents and writing social media posts
- Interact with the Operations and Business Development teams, drawing learnings from results to improve messaging
- Support partner email content creation alongside the Student Marketing team
- Where required, assist with content creation for any additional email marketing alongside the Student Marketing team
- Participate in Regional Partnerships events on various weekdays, evenings, and weekends, especially immediately after joining so you can absorb the product details, brand, tone, and diverse customer profiles as soon as possible
- Travel within your region, occasionally with little prep time, and usually with one or more of the Regional Partnerships team members
What you need to be great at
- Team player with the ability to establish positive working relationships across various functions. You understand that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts
- Research; you are already a great writer but will be required to dive into the fintech industry as well as other industries in order to write meaningful content for our partners
- Driven, energetic and ambitious and not afraid to get your hands dirty. You have strong attention to detail, and the ability to switch between the big picture and day to day operations.
- Aligns and prioritises actions and resources in advance to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Start-up DNA; resilient, 80/20, carpe diem, gets things done, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast paced environment
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in content creation and/or marketing/communications
- Experience writing features or blogs for a brand or publisher. You may also have your own blog that we’d love to read
- Strong copywriting skills, customer centric, with a portfolio of writing to demonstrate your ability
- Have or develop a deep understanding of keyword management and digital marketing
- Excellent grammar and written English
- A pro at using Microsoft Office
- Great internal and external stakeholder management
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Experience working in financial services or compliance regulated environment.
- Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as you set up processes and frameworks for us to grow into. If you haven’t worked in a start-up before, you need to show us that you have a real desire and potential to be successful in a young, high-growth, non-corporate company.
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.