Petro Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI), located in Mississauga, Ontario is seeking a Search Engine Optimization Strategist (SEO). The SEO Strategist will lead the development of the global Petro-Canada Lubricants (PCLI) SEO roadmap and collaborates with stakeholders across marketing, technology and sales to develop and execute effective SEO strategies, tactics and governance structures to support the customer journey and drive business results.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:(Functions considered essential as defined by the applicable disability act):
- Develop global SEO roadmap, priorities and governance structure – drive understanding and adoption of SEO best practices, processes and roadmap across PCLI’s Global Marketing, Category Marketing and Technology teams
- Create, execute, and manage organic search strategies for a diverse range of segments, product categories, geographies and across search engines (google, baidu etc.), to ensure PCLI’s digital properties achieve their global performance targets
- Contribute to and support the evolution of PCLI’s digital strategy and work with internal and external stakeholders to rollout/execute SEO requirements for future phases of PCLI’s website development
- Develop data-driven content recommendations that support the customer journey, drive search engine rank performance, traffic, engagement and conversion (eg. general/POV, page titles, key words, body copy, table markup, video, images etc.)
- Lead SEO market research, key word research, full site audits, competitive analysis and monitor SEO performance globally to identify gaps and opportunities (Includes evaluating and selecting vendors and tools to support this effort in key geographies)
- Manage SEO technical implementation - (e.g. implement structured markup, provide detailed instructions for handling server errors, poor page speed, domain authority etc.)
- Support the development and management of effective paid media campaigns (Search Engine Marketing - SEM), collaborating with PCLI Web & Communications Advisors and Agencies and aligning paid/owned/earned efforts
- Oversee analytics – establish KPIs, dashboards, deep dives - working with internal stakeholders and external analytics supplier to ensure SEO and SEM objectives are achieved
- Research and analyze rapidly evolving SEO/SEM landscape and best practices – educate internal team members and assess implications for continuous improvement
- This position is responsible for optimizing all aspects of Search across all devices (On-page technical and content factors, off-page factors etc.)
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- Five or more years of work experience developing and implementing enterprise level SEO programs and governance.
- Proven track record of driving results through SEO strategy & tactics
- Expert in distilling SEO site audits, data and metrics into actionable insights that support clear recommendations
- Experience with SEO/web analytics software (eg. Semrush, Brightedge etc), as well as Google Analytics, Google Search Console etc
- Experience managing paid digital media campaigns (SEM)
- Experience managing and working with agencies
- Experience with HTML and a content management system (Sitecore experience is a plus)
- Experience in B2B marketing and B2B demand and nurture programs is a plus
- Experience with Google AdWords is an asset
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, preferably with a concentration in marketing, strategy or technology or a combination of education and experience.
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop SEO strategies, tactics and goals that align with the larger digital, marketing and business strategy
- Excellent project management skills - must be able to work to tight timelines for all projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization
- Customer focused – ensure programs provide an excellent digital experience for external (B2B/B2C) customers and deliver on internal customer (business owner) requirements
- Demonstrated management of self and leading others (non-authoritative leadership)
- Have a solid understanding of digital/web marketing, social media marketing, and integrated multi-media advertising methods and strategies
- Dedicated to research and learning in the SEO field
This is an office based role.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment. All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
About Petro-Canada Lubricants
Petro-Canada Lubricants blends and packages more than 350 different lubricants, specialty fluids and greases that are exported to more than 80 countries on six continents. Petro-Canada Lubricants specializes in products and services proven to maximize equipment performance, productivity and overall savings. From heavy duty engine oils to hydraulic fluids, automatic transmission fluids and gear oils and greases – Petro-Canada Lubricants is committed to delivering innovative solutions that deliver value and keep your business moving.
Join Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.