12468 Test Automation Engr I (Open)
SW - Development - ICS
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Will drive the development and execution of automated tests using multiple technologies and platforms.
- Translate complex test scenarios into effective, intuitive, and repeatable automated tests.
- Collaborate with developers, testers, users and cross functional teams to continuously enhance the testing of our applications.
- Develop and maintain automated tests using C# or other equivalent object oriented language. Ideally in C#.
- Develop unit, integration and functional tests
- Execute hands-on functional testing and regression tests.
- Translate requirements into test plans
- Perform manual testing at the user interface and API levels, when required
- Analyze test results and collaborate with the development team to expedite defects
- Communicate clearly and consistently
- Works closely with QA, development, and product teams to drive automation, acceptance criteria, and detailed test scenarios.
- Takes a leadership role in driving automation best practices and increasing the percentage of automated versus manual test cases
- Provides training and mentoring to other test engineers. This includes conducting code reviews, training test engineers on automation on new coding and testing methodologies, guidelines, and best practices. This role may be asked to assign and assist in validating work.
- Drives the research, evaluation and implementation of automated testing tools and utilities
- Recognizes areas in need of improvement and solves complex problems related to interconnected software components.
- Works as part of a scrum team in an agile environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years in a testing or development environment with preferred experience creating manual and automated tests for WCF services and web-based applications
- Experience testing WCF services, and Windows/Web applications
- Experience using JIRA, Jenkins, Specflow
- Experience developing automation frameworks
- Experience in MS SQL Server
- Experience in successfully implemented new testing / automation tools and processes from scratch with testing tools such as Selenium or other related tools
- Familiarity with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), unit tests, and behavior-driven development (BDD) would be seen as a plus
- Big plus if you've held a developer role in the past
- Willingness to step-in and manually test apps as necessary
- Self-motivated and self-managed.
- Takes initiative and ownership.
- Able to work in a team, learn and communicate effectively
- Report on progress and raise issues / problems when necessary.
- Ability to work well under pressure, able to work overtime and standby when required.