VICE is currently seeking a Senior Producer for VICE Digital. The ideal candidate will be a leader who can oversee the creation of video content across multiple sites and topics and in multiple formats. The candidate must have a clear understanding and passion for the Vice brand on digital and experience managing teams.
A full resume and professional references are required.
- Manages pool of video producers in longform and multi-format video storytelling.
- Works with video team and editorial site leads to execute video in line with specified goals and KPI’s
- Oversee development and production of video that will appear across VICE’s digital channels and adheres to the voice of each site.
- Hires and manages freelancers on site specific projects
- Demonstrate strong writing ability and clear, concise thinking.
- Must be a self-starter
- Honing stories at the pitch phase and giving notes on treatments, beat sheets and paper edits
- Must be able to give notes on cuts that help shape a piece while keeping delivery on time and on budget
- Oversee both field and in-house production of stories
- Be able to ensure producers are securing appropriate rights and clearances for video usage
- Oversee all costs of production and post-production
Experience / Education
- 4+ years of proven experience in production at well regarded networks/cable networks/digital production companies/or equivalent.
- Knowledge of budgeting and actualizing costs.
- Proven track record of experimentation with new formats
- An understanding of video that works on a variety of social platforms
- Extensive knowledge of digital video and documentary film production.
- Strong editorial professional ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Mac computer systems.
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities.
- Experience managing teams.