Job Reference #
Are you someone who likes a challenge and is willing to explore an emerging area of Risk Control? We are looking to hire someone who can:
- contribute to the definition and extension of model validation practices to the new area of algorithmic and electronic trading models, focusing on Equities;
- perform independent reviews of Equities Algo/eTrading models;
- provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the testing framework for algo/e-trading models, ensuring that new and changed algos will not have a negative impact on the markets, our clients and UBS;
- provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the monitoring of the performance of trading algorithms versus their intended aims;
- work closely with algo trading quants, IT, market risk control, and trading.
Model Risk Management Algo / Senior Quantitative Analyst- Equities
Country / State
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The team will be part of the Model Risk Management & Control Risk Models function in London and you will work closely with Algo/eTrading stakeholders including quants, IT developers and traders as well as other control functions. The mandate includes model validation, control, and governance activities: model validation and periodic review; risk rating of models; model performance review; front-to-back model governance and controls. The objective is to ensure that models are used appropriately in the business context and that model users are aware of the models' strengths and limitations impacting their decisions.
Your experience and skills
– a Master's or PhD degree in statistics, financial mathematics/engineering, mathematics, physics
– previous experience in relevant Equity execution Algo/eTrading models, from a quant development , technology, trading or model validation perspective.
– strong quantitative skills, ideally already leveraged in the context of an independent model validation activity
– communicative and able to explain (technical) topics clearly and intuitively
– co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?