Location : Best place to work in the UK 2016 & 2017 ! In Angel - London
>> youtu.be/b_H5W4yEncQ <<
Hotels.com | youtu.be/aucN4KeAkpk | is revolutionising travel through the Power of Technology. We are looking for an extraordinary individual to join the Retail Analytics team and contribute to building a unique and data-aware marketing function. You will join a dynamic team and, by enabling data-driven decision-making, will help driving profitable growth, customer value, engagement and play a key in establishing new commercial partnerships.
To be successful in this position an individual needs to be entrepreneurial, able to operate with minimal guidance while owning multiple end to end deliverables, and owning relationships with senior stakeholders across different areas of the business. The manager will be evolving in rapidly changing environment with short overlapping deadlines and will be expected to develop a team of high performing analysts.
You will :
- Become unbeatable in Hotels.com retail activities, which includes how we price and promote our products, develop partnerships that drive growth and deliver value to our customers
- Develop a deep understanding of underlying processes, information flows and data sources
- Partner with Retail, Analytics and other stakeholders (Marketing, Finance, Product, CRM, Loyalty, Lodging etc..) to understand business challenges, translate them into clearly structured problems and tackle by leveraging data and competitive intelligence
- Provide data-driven decision support, guidance and insight to the Hotels.com and Retail leadership teams
- Propose and investigate new opportunity areas based on generated insight, understanding of the competitive landscape and relevant micro and macro-economic trends.
- Help drive business impact by building and leading development of data-driven models, reporting dashboards, cutting-edge visualizations and analyses that incorporate data from multiple parts of the business
- Effectively communicate findings in compelling presentations to senior management
- You'll be leading and developing a team of 1/3 analysts
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience and a strong background (M.Sc. preferred) in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, physics, engineering, operations research, data science, econometrics or similar. MBA a strong plus.
- You possess good technical skills and/or ability and willingness to ramp up very quickly: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SQL (Teradata, SQL Server, Hadoop/Hive, Qubole, Google BigQuery), BI tools (Tableau, Qlikview), advanced analytics packages (Python, R, Matlab )
- Stats knowledge a plus (hypothesis testing, confidence intervals)
- Insatiable appetite for making an impact in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with tight overlapping deadlines
- Commercial acumen and desire to learn about and evolve in a business environment
- Logical and structured thinking, with ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly
- You feel comfortable dealing with uncertainty
Join us to disrupt travel industry | youtu.be/hjcJ6SLvxgw | and have a look at what could be yourcareeratExpedia| youtu.be/Y4svv-fIeGM |
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.