Job TitleEmail Content Specialist - Digital
Execute content marketing strategy in a cross-functional environment including email, social and other audience engagement initiaives to maximize web traffic, revenue and other goals as defined, for Meredith digital properties. Will write strategic, engaging content for newsletters, email marketing campaigns, social experiences and other strategies to drive online engagement for Meredith brands. Will communicate regularly with online editorial, email, social media & editorial analytics teams to optimize engagement and key metrics that align with department goals. In addition, will assist with educating editorial teams about how to use data to create persistent audience engagement and growth, and making recommendations for new strategies to meet goals.
Essential Job Functions
65% Build audience interactions through data-driven content selection and distribution via email, social and other channels of engagement.
- Create and maintain a content plan for newsletter programs as assigned
- Assist with newsletter production and deployment tasks as assigned
- Communicate effectively with editorial, production and analytics teams to develop email content and deploy messages that align with achieving business goals
25% Utilize reporting tools to determine content strategy and plan that drives business goals such as site traffic, pageviews, and revenue.
- Optimize content using accurate analysis of performance data
Use data and analysis to inform decision-making around content selection to maximize marketing performance
- Work closely with content creators to help optimize their efforts through communicating of data learnings
- Participate in developing editorial analytics and reports to assist Meredith edit and audience development teams in identifying the content that performs best to achieve collective goals
5% - Assist with developing marketing copy that drives conversion for programs such as subscriptions, video and other editorial products.
- Contribute marketing copywriting skills across all audience engagement initiatives
5% All other projects as required to meet traffic and revenue goals
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Journalism, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Minimum three years related professional experience.
Directly related internships may be considered in lieu of professional experience.
Interactive Marketing and/or Social experience preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Fundamental understanding of the web, user- generated content tools and social media.
Good critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills are necessary.
Must possess an understanding of basic Excel functionality.
An interest in emerging trends within social and/or email industry
Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
Ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders
Excellent time management skills for multiple projects with a range of scope