We are searching for a Junior-Level Civil Engineer for our Pittsburgh, PA location. The successful candidate will provide technical support on commercial, industrial, and public projects. Primary focus will be on Site development and oil and gas related projects. However, the candidate may be requested to support other projects/programs that are also managed and supported in the Pittsburgh office.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Provide civil engineering/site design support to on-going and new projects.
· Assignments may include site grading, stormwater analysis and stormwater design, construction monitoring, and permitting.
· Preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications) and construction bid packages.
· Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of technical work.
· Interface with Project Managers, government regulators, other contractors and other representatives, as needed.
· Overnight travel to locations within the continental United States may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in civil/environmental engineering required. Zero to two years of related experience is preferred. Experience with geotechnical design is a plus. Experience interfacing with state and local agencies as well as community boards for project planning is beneficial.
Candidates must have a broad knowledge of civil engineering. Candidates must possess knowledge to successfully perform engineering investigation and design activities including laboratory testing and data interpretation.
Candidates must be self-motivated, creative and have strong organizational, inter-personal communication, writing and presentation skills. Candidates must possess a willingness to learn from senior engineers and coworkers.
Computer skills must include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic programs such as WinTR-55, Hydraflow, PondPack, HY-8, FlowMaster and HEC-RAS and working knowledge of other design programs (CAD and GIS) is a plus.
Sep 14, 2017, 7:41:01 PM