Kano Computing is looking for a passionate Head of Education Sales with a proven market development track record to lead its K-12 education sales program. This seasoned sales professional will have demonstrated success in identifying, qualifying, landing, and growing client accounts utilizing collaborative, solution-oriented sales and distribution techniques.
Kano’s Head of Education Sales will work with clients to establish a structured product placement sales program for K-12 educational institutions and reseller organizations. The Head of Education Sales will be the in-house education market and distribution sales expert and will engage in various phases of the education sales cycle including identifying opportunities, consulting on product solutions, closing deals, and ensuring smooth handoff the the education support team for client satisfaction.
Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
With an increased focus on 21st century skills and STEM education to prepare young people for the jobs of the future, Kano is the tool of choice for hundreds of educators looking to introduce coding and computer science globally. Some highlights:
-We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
-In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
-Kano will be available in over 2500 physical retail stores across the US this holiday season, and our partners include Amazon, Target, Walmart, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, and Best Buy.
-Our products are used in over 1,500 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
-Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
-Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
- Meeting and exceeding revenue and profitability targets for bulk sales to K-12 education customers
- Develop sales strategies and targeted plans for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve growth for Kano in the Education Market space
- Orchestrate the tactical sales plans to reflect the company's business strategy, to advance education market share/penetration, with profitable growth targets
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to K-12 sales
- Identify and drive sales opportunities through the pipeline process to contract and award
- Track and manage rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups
- Cultivate relationships and grow revenue with prospects through a consultative approach designed to identify their needs and requirements
- Grow existing business into more meaningful relationships that drive significant revenue
- Conduct research and closely monitor intelligence about clients and prospects, K-12 Education markets, and upcoming contracts and procurements.
- Report on Computer Science and STEM trends in the US and Kano’s fit in the ecosystem
- Develop high-quality quotes, proposals, and presentations; lead Kano demonstrations to institutional leaders and demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with top-level district contacts and education resellers especially
- Work with marketing to develop and execute on localized marketing strategies, with a goal to drive opportunity identification, brand awareness and lead conversions
- Work closely with Inside Sales to leverage, optimize and convert all sales leads
- Work closely with marketing to develop high-quality materials to onboard, train, and sell through to education channels including but not limited to resellers and school districts
- 10+ years of strategic, education-based, consultative sales experience in a technical and service-oriented business preferred (hardware + software experience a plus)
- Bachelor's degree; advanced or Master's degree preferred
- Experience in achieving and exceeding revenue goals
- Proven success prospecting, building pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with decision-makers at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with demonstrated experience in sales and account management and the ability to present solutions to client needs.
- Ability to solve complex, multifaceted problems within accounts and business environmentsExceptional team-player with ability to motivate, influence and lead cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating and sales skills
- A strong working knowledge of policy and budgetary issues affecting the education market
- Excellent computer skills (including CRM systems such as Salesforce, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook)
- Ability to listen, establish rapport, build credibility quickly, and clearly articulate a value proposition
- Self-starter with high energy, drive and a positive can-do attitude
- Effectively multi-task and be able to handle multiple prospective clients at once.
- Passion for introducing revolutionary technology products to educators
- Startup experience preferred