Req #: 134624
Job Category: Information Systems
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Current
The candidate for the position of Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching and mentoring all aspects of our agile implementation supporting a client in the Federal Government including, but not limited to, agile execution, Scrum Masters, Agile Product Owners and executives. The Agile Coach will emphasize agile principles, practices and frameworks to enable teams to deliver high value business capabilities. The coach candidate should embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. The Agile Coach is both an educator and a hands-on coach, and thus possesses great interpersonal skills, teaching abilities, and a capacity to inspire and motivate.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on Agile execution frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc) as well as scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile framework (SAFe, LeSS).
- Coaches, mentors and trains on-site and remote individuals to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organizing, Agile teams. Facilitates discussion, decision making and conflict resolution as it arises and proactively guides team.
- Develops and delivers training, mentoring and coaching around agile engineering practices and techniques such as TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, collective code ownership, pair programming and DevOps
- Proactively identifies bottlenecks, impediments and issues and guide agile teams to quickly remove areas of inefficiency and waste.
- Coaches and mentors on collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.
- Designs the roadmap for the organization’s Agile Transformation. Develops target roles, skills and organization design in support of agile transitions.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and leadership to establish consistent metrics and KPIs for measuring progress and effectiveness at team, product and organizational levels
- Consults with executive leaders to improve understand of management’s role with regard to organizational agile practices/processes, and requirements for facilitating and leading an agile transformation.
- Remains informed about industry trends and best practices concerning agile methodologies and advances those best practices in the organization.
Requirements ( Education, Experience, and Skills)
- 7+ years of experience leading and coaching Agile teams with delivery methodologies such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming
- Requires hands on experience with redesign of organizations transitioning to agile.
- 5+ years of application development experience in varying technologies.
- Proficient in relevant programming languages (Java, .NET, C#, etc.)
- Hands-on training, mentoring and coaching experience with agile engineering practices and techniques such as TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing
- Experience with coaching, mentoring and training agile teams in a DevOps environment.
- Experience in the Federal Government arena
- Possesses a technical understanding of the CI/CD tools (i.e. Subversion, Jenkins, Chef) used to perform the infrastructure provisioning and application deployments to support an Agile approach.
- Experience blending waterfall and agile portfolio reporting for senior management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, clients, and other coaches and trainers in order to build agile delivery capabilities.
- Certified in one of more of the following: CSM, PMI-ACP, CSD, CSPO, SPC, CSC, ICP-ACC, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree, typically in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a directly related field.
Secret security clearance or higher
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.