Supports the execution of Global Leadership and Learning Institute's learning technology strategy focusing on the technology infrastructure (platform and tools) which includes providing maintenance and support, driving adoption and deployment, ensuring a strategically aligned learning architecture, and developing new capabilities to address ongoing learning needs and evolving business conditions and priorities.
- Develops and oversees the processes for the selection, implementation, maintenance and support of Learning and knowledge management, and social collaboration platforms, tools and applications.
- Supports GLLI's short and long-term strategic and operational learning technology initiatives.
- Ensures the alignment and maintenance of the Learning Technology Roadmap and Learning Technology architecture.
- Maintains strategic relationships with internal institutes and functions and its customers to develop and deploy technology solutions to address learning needs, including, but not limited to: custom reporting, curriculum development and deployment, certification and re-certification design and deployment, compliance/mandatory trainings deployment, social learning/collaboration solutions, learning effectiveness solutions, electronic Performance Support Solutions (EPSS), training Simulations, skills-Competency framework.
- Defines and oversees the process for working with ITD and HRIS to plan, stage, certify, pilot, test, and implement new learning technology platforms.
- Manages technical support, upgrades/updates, new release configuration change processes, for learning technology platforms, including, but not limited to: LMS upgrade and technical hotfixes, integration of LMS with various other systems; e.g., HR, Business Intelligence, web portals, web delivery tools, video delivery platform, metrics platform, mobile Learning, remote content servers, data Migration (User, Learning, Training History, Learning Resources, etc.).
- Evaluates potential vendors and their offerings for service deployment, manage vendor relations as required.
- Works with vendors and other groups (ITD, HRIS) to ensure appropriate support, configuration and enhancement of supported learning technology platforms.
- Determines when to escalate problems, perform root-cause analysis and engage appropriate parties for an effective resolution to technical/functional issues.
- Provides advanced technical and functional support through standard/custom report development (Report Manager/BIDS tool), use of Training Migration and Data Sync utilities (TMU and DSU), managing roles and permissions, catalog updates, etc.
- Assists LTT with new and existing learning technology deployment to include testing, configuration and adoption.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in learning tools and technologies and build capabilities in other systems and solutions as required.
- Identifies and shares learning and knowledge management technology "best practices" throughout GLLI and Cleveland Clinic.
- Thorough understanding and application of Cleveland Clinic's Project Management process.
- All active implementations and projects required to be managed through the recommended tool (e.g., Workfront).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Computer Science or Information Technology majors preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires in-depth experience and understanding of various learning technologies, interoperability protocols, and software applications needed for the development and deployment of on-line, web-based learning, collaboration tools, technical support and custom development in a large, global environment.
- In depth knowledge with learning technology architecture and managed learning environments (MLE's) or portal.
- Implementation experience of learning technology systems; e.g., Sumtotal LMS, video, measurement solutions, collaboration technology.
- Experience with cloud-based environments, integration and configuration.
- Experience with data/training migration, E-commerce and HR/Learning related interfaces.
- Experience with integration with HR Systems.
- Familiarity with preferred e-Learning authoring tools, e.g., Flash, Captivate, Articulate.
- In-depth experience with SCORM and AICC interoperability standards.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, data mining, crystal reports concepts and techniques.
- Experience with vendor and client management with good customer service and people skills.
- Knowledge of SharePoint settings and configuration.
- Detailed oriented with strong troubleshooting, communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently manage projects, anticipates road-blocks, and engages appropriate resources to ensure timely delivery.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in learning technologies and software/hardware applications in learning.
- Experience working with SumTotal preferred.
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing and the ability to verbally communicate with employees and patients.
- Physical demands include office work and the mobility sufficient to attend meetings in clinical departments throughout the Clinic.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities