L-3 Communications Maritime Systems - Henschel is seeking highly motivated, recent college grads, who have a desire to experience Supply Chain Management from the ground up! We are hiring two Junior Commodity Buyers, to support our growing business in Ayer, MA.
In this role you'll have direct hands-on and management responsibility for accurate and timely purchasing and planning of a category of commodity materials. You'll be trained in demand for materials needed to meet Production commitments of Quality and On Time Delivery to the team. You'll learn to execute best practices for timely purchase order (PO) placement, estimate material costs & lead time for customer quote bids, and ,maintain outstanding supplier PO commitments.
If you have a degree in Supply Chain Management, or perhaps a just a year or so in the industry, we want to connect with you. If you have a burning desire to learn and take action on solutions to procurement issues that include supplier performance, supplier selection, obsolescence, and data/specification/documentation completeness, then L3 Maritime Systems has the job for you!
Your Day To Day Responsibilities:
- Management of any assigned material commodities (e.g. PCB/electronics, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.).
- Meet demand for material & estimates with a low backlog of outstanding PO & quote lines, Customer OTD, and efficiency metrics managing Supplier POs (e.g. cost, lead time, quoting, delivery, quality, RMAs, etc.).
- Analyze, manage, and implement actions relating to material requirements that ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services for Production using MRP, Pull Indicators (e.g. kanban, min/max, manifests, etc.), and New Product Introduction project plans.
- Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks to material procurement commitments. Work with an emphasis to not allow l customer orders to go late.
- Lead commodity planning with Sales, Marketing, and Production in meeting customers’ needs (guaranteed Promise Dates), minimizing Production (WIP) delays, and ensuring supplier quality.
- Identify and obtain Engineering and other documentation essential to meet Production schedule and customer OTD requirements.
- Manage obsolescence so that commitments to Henschel customers are not at risk.
- Maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
- Expeditiously quote parts, services, and delivery options as required.
- Create and maintain all reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
- Work and plan to eliminate commodity material shortages and work order delays through direct involvement with Production resources, Suppliers, and Project personnel.
- Identify, plan, communicate, and implement continuous improvement opportunities that eliminate waste, delay, and data inaccuracies.
BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Business, or recent work experience incommodity material management.
Knowledge/Understanding of material & supplier quantitative performance.
Familiarity with or ability to learn ERP/MRP demand & forecast systems and demonstrate continuous use and mastery of these systems.
Excellent MS Excel skills and demonstrated experience with timely spreadsheet analysis
Proven Leadership ability with ability to exceed expectations.
Demonstrated continuous improvement lead and problem solver.
Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, customer specifications, prints & drawings.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and decision making skills, with proven strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and software.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
- Candidates with knowledge of FAR, ITAR, Counterfeit materials, obsolescence, conflict minerals, and exposure to business challenges and opportunities driven by technology/regulations in the Defense market, are encouraged to apply!
To Turn Your Interest Into Action, Apply Today!
THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
L-3 Maritime Systems has locations in Ayer, Massachusetts, Leesburg, Virginia Sarasota, Florida and New Orleans, LA. Our core business is communication, navigation and control systems for Navy ships, including Integrated Voice Systems (telephone, intercom, announcing, radio, wire free, etc.), Ship Control and Integrated Bridge Systems, Computerized Information Systems and Machinery Control Systems. We utilize the latest commercial technology and apply it to the unique applications that exist on Navy ships.
We strive for diversity and offer a wide range of benefits. Our programs and policies include among others: medical, dental, vision insurance, STD and LTD, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, 401(k) with employer match, ESPP, life/AD&D insurance, business travel accident insurance, Employee Assistance Program, a 9/80 schedule, competitive pay and discounts with many merchants.
We are a CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company
L-3 Henschel, a sub division of L-3 Maritime Systems, is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled individuals to apply.
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division - Maritime Systems-20000052
Aug 22, 2016, 1:54:50 PM