I know you know GEICO for our funny commercials, but my Tech pros want you to know us for our IT careers, too. We’re Careers Unexpected!
GEICO is seeking driven, innovative tech college graduates for our Technology Development Program – Analyst Track. Start your career with us. The possibilities are endless!
GEICO’s innovative technology teams have positioned our company as a mobile and internet leader, proving that we are more than just an insurance company. We’re a technology company.
Our Technology Development Program (TDP) is a 3-year rotational program based out of our corporate office in Washington D.C. As a full-time associate in TDP – Analyst Track, you can rotate through our Information Services, Systems Operations, Data Science and Internet Business divisions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Applicants with strong analytical, problem-solving, communication skills and well-rounded experience outside the classroom will be given preference. As a full-time associate in the Technology Development Program—Analyst Track, you’ll manage projects and balance requirements developed by analysts and carried out by developers while keeping the project on track as you complete two 18-month rotations.
You will learn the ins and outs of how our multi-billion dollar company uses cutting edge technologies, improves users’ online experiences, and develops apps. Throughout the program, you will utilize your technical skills by working on individual and team projects and work with subject matter experts. You will manage projects, develop requirements, analyze business scenarios, write and execute test cases, and partner with the business by communicating effectively with programmers, business analysts, and business customers. After thorough analysis, you’ll propose improvements to design solutions and business requirements to optimize internal efficiency and improve both external and internal customer experiences. Additionally, you will contribute to significant business initiatives, attend meetings, and give presentations. We’ll support your professional technical development while you gain real, hands-on technical experience. You will take advantage of our in-house training from GEICO University and receive mentoring from management to take your knowledge and skills to the next level.
Check out this video and learn more about our Technology Development Program: https://youtu.be/Q91nuj4Naeo.
• Recent bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, Information Systems or related majors targeting May 2017, December 2017, and May 2018
• Overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
• Coursework or related experience using Java, .NET, iOS, Android or C# languages
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Some related experience or working knowledge of project management and user requirements, structured development life cycle, and business courses is a plus
• Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Ability to work and live in the Washington D.C. area
Please upload a resume and an unofficial transcript to be considered for this career opportunity.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.