Our Automotive segment provides complete innovation, design, build, and service solutions that make our customers more competitive across the four Mobility Megatrends of Autonomous Vehicles, Connectivity, Clean Tech, and Vehicle Electrification. Imagine what we can do, together.
The Design Engineer Electronics – Automotive Mobility will be based in Farmington Hills, MI. This position will provide technical leadership and support in Flex activities to acquire appropriate knowledge and expertise in "Automotive Mobility" technology. This individual will gather and be the source of information of Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle to Everything (V2X) technology and regulations for the company. Will use technical knowledge and experience in evaluating customer requirements during quoting activities. Be the main technical interface between customers and Flex during associated product development activities.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Review customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet both Flex capabilities and customer’s specifications.
- Participate in quoting activities, in close cooperation with sales, purchasing, manufacturing plants and personnel from other Flex design centers.
- Provide technical expertise in product development. Lead and/or participate in the design and development of new products.
- Review and evaluate test results. Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations. Interact with customer and suppliers to resolve system issues.
- Participate in customer and internal technical design reviews. Provide innovative ideas for improving product performance, manufacture-ability and cost.
- Prepare and present both, high and detailed level technical presentations to customers, suppliers and internal Flex teams.
- Provide and justify technical input and insight to team members and management for appropriate decision making.
- Identify and follow appropriate technological activities in other Flex design centers around the globe. Create working relationships with global Flex engineering resources.
- Investigate and remain abreast of technological advancements and industry trends in automotive mobility systems.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate and required product documentation, including customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Work with minimal instructions and guidance. Exercise independent judgment in decision making within defined Flex procedures and acceptable limits.
- Travel as needed to support customers, suppliers and Flex design centers and manufacturing plants.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related fields. MS degree is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing Electronic Systems for automotive market.
- Experience in all aspects of design & development of automotive electronic systems.
- Working knowledge of automotive mobility technology(NFC, DSCR and WLAN based V2X)
- Familiarity with automotive and federal rules and regulations relating to mobility and high speed communication protocols(CAM and BSM messaging protocol)
- Working experience with environment sensors and sensory information, Wi-Fi, serial communication, CAN, LIN etc. and interface hardware.
- High level of analytical ability and trouble-shooting where problems are unusual and complex.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.