Senior Platform Engineer
The Business Entity
The Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. CSG is creating unprecedented customer value by providing cohesive and innovative software, platforms and solutions for Cisco's core networking customers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work directly with architects, Leads and a cohesive group of high performing - platform, big data and analytics engineers, UI/UX and QA Leads. You will engage with multiple teams across the Engineering, IT and Support orgs on an ongoing basis.
What You'll Do
* Build high performant, highly scalable, complex and distributed systems – end to end
* Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
* Engineer an integration platform that connects discreet, heterogeneous, streaming, high-volume, very large scale, multi-cloud ready, internal and external systems using highly modular reactive architecture micro-services framework.
* Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
* Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
* Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
* Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
Who You Are
The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. Successful candidate must be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. A strong backend developer who works on metadata driven products and applications engineering end-to-end.
* Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 10+ years.
* Extensive Java backend experience designing and developing platforms, frameworks and components for a highly scalable, high performing distributed systems
* Expertise in modern stack: JAVA8 (Lambda), Actor based, Reactive programming, Stream processing, micro-services development, API (REST)
* Experience in one or more of these technologies: Akka, Hadoop, Flink, Spark, Scala
* Experience in API Gateways, REST based services (server and client side)
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
* Cloud and Development / build tools: AWS/Azure, SBT/Maven, GIT.
* Exposure to SQL/NoSQL: Elastic Search, Postgres, MongoDB, Casandra, Graph Databases and queries, pipeline/workflow frameworks.
* Strong verbal and written / documentation / presentation skills
* Product engineering experience
* Be highly flexible and adaptable and demonstrate passion for platform development
Intent-based networking is the difference between a network that needs continuous attention and one that simply understands what you need and makes it happen. It’s the difference between doing thousands of tasks manually and having an automated system that helps you focus on business goals. Cisco DNA is the open, software-driven platform that turns that vision into reality. Virtualization, automation, analytics, and cloud, all in one architecture.
Cisco is once again pioneering the next age in networking. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption.