The ideal candidate should be enrolled in 1st year of master degree studies
, available for at least 20 hrs/week
, and have some hands on experience with building prototype circuits
, using oscilloscope
, digital multimeter
, power analyzer
, as well as practicing safe handling of the equipment in high current application
. A good understanding of the motor drives is a plus
.In this internship you are responsible for:
- create schematics and block diagrams (Altium software)
- pcb layout (Altium preferred)
- Soldering and de-soldering of components, mount test boards and other laboratory equipment
- Taking measurements on device level -MOSFET characterization, and system level - motor drives power inverter waveforms and efficiency measurements
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry. The salary for this position is 1.333 gross p.m.(full-time basis).
In general we are looking for students with the willingness to work in a challenging environment within a highly motivated international team. As our ideal candidate you offer
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Accuracy and a good communication in English - all documentation is in English
- Solid understanding of power electronics circuit operation such as buck converter, 3 phase inverter, boost converter, and similar basic circuits
- Proficiency in MS office especially excel
- Independently conducting measurements and writing reports -the essence is on clarity of the report
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of matriculation at a university
- Transcript of records
- Copy of your final Matura certificate
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The Power Management & Multimarket Division focuses on components for efficient power management or high-frequency applications. The components are mainly used in computing (server, notebooks, PC), lighting, solar inverters, gaming and mobile devices as well as in wireless base stations.
Almost 3.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.
Student Recruiting Team
What makes your application perfect for Infineon? Our Talent Attraction Managers share the most important tips and insights!
"As an Application Engineer you are at the forefront of potential new business. You are in direct contact with the customers and list and understand their needs.
As a System Engineer, you are responsible for the development of systems for our customers. This job combines knowledge of physics and chemistry with the ability to think outside the box. "
Take a look behind the scenes at Infineon! We offer internships, working student jobs, or advising on your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis, allowing you to begin a successful career already during your studies.
We take our corporate responsibility very seriously and want to make ourselves strong for people and the environment – Corporate Social Responsibility is therefore a central component of our strategy.