TS BBD Sales – BBD SSA Sales – Treasury Services – VP
Banks and Broker-Dealers (BBD) Sales reporting to the TS Head of SSA BBD Coverage
The Treasury Services (www.jpmorganchase.com/ts) business of JPMorgan Chase is a top-ranked, full-service provider of innovative payment, collection, liquidity and investment management, commercial card and information solutions to corporations, financial services institutions, middle market companies, small businesses, governments and municipalities worldwide. With more than 50,000 clients and operations in 36 countries, JPMorgan Chase Treasury Services is one of the world’s largest providers of treasury management services.
The Treasury Services BBD META Sales coverage team looks after Banks and Broker-Dealer (BBD) and Public Sector relationships in the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa region (META). Responsibilities include managing existing client relationships, building new business and penetrating new clients with various TS products. The team works closely with the Global Corporate Bank and Investment Bank teams to manage bank-wide client relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for actively managing an assigned client portfolio, selling core Treasury Services products - primarily cash management, and liquidity services to BBD clients in the SSA region.
- Actively support the wider TS BBD SSA strategy and segment initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing client and market opportunities for new business from both existing and prospective new clients in the region, and following up on each opportunity.
- Manage the entire sales process end-to-end from selling to full implementation (including proposal issuance, pricing negotiation, documentation and coordinating product partners / implementation teams)
- Responsible to coordinate among the wholesale on-boarding team, local and regional compliance, and banking coverage teams to ensure that each client is meeting JP Morgan’s AML, KYC, risk and financial institutions control standards.
- Coordinates periodic calls and meetings between JP Morgan and each client to review and update on onboarding, KYC, AML, risk and control assessments on each client.
- Leverage TS partners (e.g. GFCC, Credit, Trade Sales, Network Mgmt, Product Mgmt), the Corporate Bankers, IB and Senior Country Officers to broaden our contacts in current/prospective clients and markets, understand client behavior and accelerate the decision-making process.
- Provide cross LOB support and leadership to help achieve CIB BBD segment objectives and a holistic approach to client management.
- Provides periodic updates on sales performance to sales management in Bahrain and London
- Ensures that sales targets, portfolio growth targets, account plans and other specified project related initiatives are met or exceeded.
- Works with product groups to identify new product development initiatives
- Work in partnership with Client Service and Product
- Responsible for the timely completion of required administrative tasks (KYC, call activities, input and tracking of deals)
- Participates as required in external industry forums and ensure coordination of client-focused events/training; ensure market visibility for the TS franchise
Experience and Skills:
- A proven track record in a sales environment within a financial services organization
- Experience in strategy and project management
- Knowledge of Cash Management and Liquidity products
- Knowledge of Credit, Risk Management, KYC and AML in respect of Financial Institutions
- Prior experience of working with Financial Institutions in the SSA region
- Strong Interpersonal and selling skills
- Solid analytical skills and background
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- An efficient and confident communicator with strong presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen and attention to detail
- Language: English is a must; French is highly desirable
- Can-do attitude and focus on delivery and execution
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organized and disciplined, ability to handle demands and priorities
- Team player
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.