Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Communicates tactical process decisions and plans, project status, and issues and workarounds, in order to achieve alignment with relevant areas of the business, function, or region.
- Leads internal projects with medium to high complexity and risk, provides feedback on projects, and conducts post- project evaluations.
- Represents the needs of the business, function, or region on an ongoing basis to drive process improvements.
- Collaborates with operational teams and business stakeholders to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes of medium to high complexity, and understand business/customer impact.
- Utilizes and assists others in utilizing standard project management and quality
- improvement methodologies in process improvement approaches.
- Establishes processes which are consistent with overall organization objectives and maintains process documentation.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of related experience in IT/business operations.
- Typically 5-8 years of project management experience.
- Quality improvement training required and certification a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of HP operational processes, industry trends, and customer/partner requirements.
- In-depth understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation), leadership, and influence skills. Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Strong business experience in multiple process areas with excellent project management and process development skills; ability to drive process improvements using industry standard quality improvements tools and concepts.
- Strong project management skills such as planning, execution and implementation.
- Solid financial and business acumen.