Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® “Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Terminal Operator with 2+ years’ related experience in terminal, pipeline or marine operations in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
Learn the overall operation and maintenance of the terminal, pipeline, marine, and rail assets as applicable. Basic understanding of the following: executing the receipt, delivery storage management, and inventory control of petroleum products for the field location.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
· Train and apply knowledge for the maintenance and repair of the terminal loading rack, storage and all equipment associated with terminal operations; keeping it in good working order and acceptable appearance. Maintain facility to meet or exceed company standards. Help analyze and solve problem situations.
· Learn and train to be Responsible for receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products via pipeline, rail, and marine dock (if applicable), following all product movement, measurement and quality control procedures.
· Become knowledgeable of petroleum terminal regulations. Stay aware of all environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures, to include Coast Guard, local, state and federal environmental agencies so that the terminal can assure compliance.
· Ensure that management is apprised of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding regulatory compliance including health, safety, security and environmental.
· Maintain a good relationship with all terminal customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required.
· Following training, respond to terminal, pipeline, rail and marine related emergencies when called upon to do so. Participate in annual emergency response training drills.
· Responsible for the operation of all computer inventory control systems and participate in any inventory issue investigations.
· Be familiar with pipeline operations, handle pipeline product movements at the terminal and assist with other pipeline duties such as one call investigations if applicable, etc.
· Be familiar with marine operations, handle dock product movements at the terminal and assist with other marine duties as required.
· Support Asset Team to achieve high performance certification. May be required to act as Asset Team point person.
· Support Buckeye terminal operations and assist in special projects as needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 2+ years related experience in terminal, pipeline or marine operations preferred.
· General understanding of equipment and maintenance of pumps, meters, truck loading rack, and dock facility preferred.
· General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is helpful.
· Inventory control and/or accounting background a plus.
· Familiarity with computerized inventory control systems and truck rack automation systems desirable.
Certificates & Licenses:
· Some locations may be subject to the port security regulations set forth by the Transportation Security Administration and United States Coast Guard. Employment at certain locations may be contingent upon obtaining state specific licenses and/or a Transportation Worker Identification Credential. More information on this requirement is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
· Good communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
· This position requires someone who can work well under pressure and has a strong commitment to safety and teamwork.
· Individual must be available during non-work hours as required and may be required to carry an on-call phone at all times. Normal and extraordinary work circumstances may require, without notice, overtime, weekend or holiday work.
· Individuals must be able to work with little to no supervision.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
· Individual must consistently exhibit a high level of customer service.
· Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.