If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".
If this is your first time applying you will need to create a candidate account when you click on apply.
Vivint, Inc., one of the largest home automation companies in North America. Operating from offices throughout the United States and Canada, our company services over 1,000,000 customers. We're currently hiring for a Payroll Tax Analyst at our Provo, Utah location.
The Payroll Tax Analyst will be an important part of the payroll & accounting teams, and will ensure that tax accounts are reconciled and all taxes are remitted. The payroll tax analyst will work to ensure compliance with state and federal payroll tax law.
- Responsible for Payroll Tax Inquiries (US/Canada)
- Register and establish new tax accounts with government agencies due to growth and acquisitions.
- Conduct General Tax Research Related to Compliance as Needed
- Ensure appropriate forms are on file by jurisdiction for employees
- Ensure timely remittance and filings for all jurisdictions, including SUI for 1099 employees
- Track and resolve various tax notices for multiple jurisdictions within US and Canada.
- Liaise with third party tax agency to ensure inquiries are addressed timely
- Year-end tax preparations (US/Canada) Including reconciliation and distribution of (W2/T4s)
- Process amended W-2s where necessary (update in both Workday and ADP).
- Audit employee locations to ensure appropriate taxation
- Approve employee W4 election changes including 1099 employees in W2 states
- Monitor payroll tax liens and research and resolve tax balances
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working within payroll.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization to understand requestor’s needs and to take raw information to develop reports and presentations.
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information.
- Proven ability to remain flexible in the face of change and changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical and independent thinking skills.
- Ability to review and understand statistical data retrieved from Workday Payroll.
- Functional knowledge of using WORKDAY® preferred.
- Functional knowledge of ADP Smart Compliance preferred.
- CPP or FPC certification a plus, but not required
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent, accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting requirements.
- Understanding of Federal and State payroll taxation, practices and laws. Experience with spreadsheet and word processing programs. Ability to interface with all levels of personnel, management and external auditors. Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects and work within deadlines.
- Experience in multi-state payroll processing.